High power reverse lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rennagade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot about the hyper flash issue. I just was thinking yellow LEDs would be sweet because I change my bulbs often. The yellow color peels off the bulbs every 6 - 9 months and the flasher is less yellow over time.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can replace the flasher with an electronic one from your local LAPS that fixes the hyperflashing issue. All the bulbs in our ancient RV are now LED and the new flasher makes it all work. I think it has a relay in it, iirc.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update! I sent both of the bulbs back that failed on me. They sent back brand new ones no questions asked except a RMA. They work again! Hopefully forever now. I think it may have been a problem with my reverse switch and ended up blowing them out... all better now!

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know!

Mine still work great and everyone comments on them.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just in case anyone wants to order these for the aftermarket Altezza tail lights and needs to order the 1156 bulb, here are the results. I'm actually afraid I'm going to blind someone backing out of my driveway now!!! :jawdrop:

You must be registered for see images attach

This one does the brightness no justice because of my crappy phone camera, but it shows where the light points now.

This shows the brightness difference, one halogen bulb still in place:

Both bulbs in place:

Boom.

Well worth the money.

PS - these ones still had the radial lights around the bulb.

Last edited:

Glen_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I see they will fit my super duty as well, which has horrible backup lights. For the price though, I may give a couple of these a try and see how they are.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trust me - they're well worth it. I've already ordered a set for my Astro.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I flirted with the idea of replacing the taillights altogether, then I compromised by ordering these. I'll post back once they're installed. :)

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I see they will fit my super duty as well, which has horrible backup lights. For the price though, I may give a couple of these a try and see how they are.

You really get what you pay for with these LEDs. My friend is trying a different set as well and he's gonna compare the two.

I flirted with the idea of replacing the taillights altogether, then I compromised by ordering these. I'll post back once they're installed. :)

I did both!! :)

Glen_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You really get what you pay for with these LEDs. My friend is trying a different set as well and he's gonna compare the two.

I did both!! :)

I just ordered a couple off of the Deal Extreme site @11.50 each - will put them in my truck first (since I'm doing more driving in the dark) and see how they are.

Redsnake

Reaction score
I'll have to order a set of these for my wife's '03 KJ... I see that they only offer a 1 year warranty now. :|

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may do the same...

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f196/ipcw-ledt-410cb-bermuda-black-led-tail-lamp-54493/

...but not with the ones I first considered. (See post #5)

:D

That's my exact combination! (Same as TJKJ, but pretty sure I had em first!! :D)

BUT I see you ordered lights already, and I assume you got the wedge base for the stock housing. If you order these, you need to order the correct bulb for the housing (1156).

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
That's my exact combination...BUT I see you ordered lights already, and I assume you got the wedge base for the stock housing. If you order these, you need to order the correct bulb for the housing (1156).
That looks good. :)

If I do the taillights it will be down the road a bit. Who knows, maybe the bulbs will be a bit cheaper by then. :cheers:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Ordered them on the 9th, they arrived on the 12th. I've been so busy with school that it wasn't until today I got a chance to put them in.

Every bit as good as advertised. :D

Latest posts

Members online