High power reverse lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update. Got my backup lights to work. Changed the switch in the transmission ($12.00) and poof I have light! Problem is one of the LEDs stopped working. After some fiddling I sent it back to them under their lifetime warranty. I hope that it's as simple as a replacement.

When I put mine in only one worked. I took the bad one out, put it in the other side and it worked. Thought, "OK, the socket on the other side is going bad." Put the LED in the "bad" side again and it worked fine. Then I realized the LED's are polarity-specific. When I installed the interior lights I had to make sure to install them with the polarity correct - if it didn't work when first plugged in then turn it around and, voila! The world is bright!

CzarKJ, let us know about their customer service. In the meantime is your KJ looking like a patch-eyed pirate when it's in reverse? Ya know, one side much brighter than the other? :rofl:

Bob

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I tried the different sides and flipping them around. It just wouldn't go! So far all they have been is nice. Their RMA system is a little tedious though. And yes, it does look like a crazed inmate when backing up.:freak3:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ yup, exactly.

The bf uses his every day for work with some Duracell rechargables and an Energizer recharger I bought 13 years ago. Much less than $45 total :D

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
lol ... I edited it while you were typing :happy175:

I was spouting off (above) about how the price of the Heider was inflated ... but after posting, I read a review on that very amazon page .. that shows the differences btwn the $5 version and the more expensive ones ... lol

So I wiped out any trace of my opinion ... I thought :D

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that link Leeann, for $5 I'm willing to try the Fordex one before I spend $50 on the same thing.

And sorry for thread jacking.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will order these soon! :) I inquired about a discount code actually because I was asking a couple of questions about the bulb that I need (1156). They said they can't offer it because of the manufacturing price of them :( But they offered me a discount on HID kits...! :D

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got to look at mine last night in a pitch black parking lot. Holy crap that's bright!:Big Laugh:

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so it seems like they dont have the LEDs on the side of the bulb anymore, just the big LED that points straight out the back right. is that one everyone is using?

LetFreedomRing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so it seems like they dont have the LEDs on the side of the bulb anymore, just the big LED that points straight out the back right. is that one everyone is using?

That is the newer version. The old version was 5W with the radial LEDs(the ones I got and showed pictures of.) The new version is 9W with only LEDs pointing out the back. I can't imagine an extra 4W on top of what I have!

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They look like one of the flashlights I have when the batteries are brand new. I think I'd be seeing spots for a minute if I looked at them close up.:icon_mrgreen:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if you can use YELLOW ones for the turn signals? Anyone try them?

With yellow reflectors, you could technically use white bulbs. (I have clear reflectors, so I would need yellow.) I just wouldn't. What's the point in your signals being THAT bright? Seems to be a waste of money in my opinion.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Less can cause it because the system thinks a bulb is out. So it hyperflashes to tell you one is. A resistor is usually put in place to make it think a regular bulb is in there.