High power reverse lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlesthe2nd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock reverse lamps are very dim. I didn't realize there was an upgrade for them, pretty cool.

I added a 10w 5 LED reverse light that mounts directly to my license plate. Flip flopped the license plate lights with the LED. It's come in handy many many times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Th 3rd lamp up high is just a brake lamp. Why does it need to be superbright? I really hate being behind vehicles with extra bright brake lights...
You would hate being behind me. My LED tails are REALLY bright. Just in case someone is texting, it brings their attention back to my Jeep (at night, at least).

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually hate being behind anyone. Which means I really hate driving through NJ.

Whelan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Th 3rd lamp up high is just a brake lamp. Why does it need to be superbright? I really hate being behind vehicles with extra bright brake lights...

For me it's just so dim it serves no purpose, I'd like it to be at least as bright as the regular brake lamps.

Charlesthe2nd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Won't have to worry about how powerful the reverse light with this LED.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really hate being behind people, period. So extra bright brake light are just an extra annoyance lol

You would hate being behind me. My LED tails are REALLY bright. Just in case someone is texting, it brings their attention back to my Jeep (at night, at least).

X2..............................

Going to make mine even brighter,I have yet to see any law stating anything about having too bright of tail lights.I'm going to shoot for around 3000+ lumens between the 2 tail lights.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you're mistaking us for a state the drives slowly. :happy175:

I'm in the fast lane on the Turnpike and the Garden State, passing most everyone on the road. So yes, I get stuck behind people all the time...even in Jersey.

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One last update on this I guess... Last night the right backup light went out. It fried something on the circuit board. So, What is everyone replacing these with? As an aside note:

Does anyone know of a Wrangler forum with people as helpful as on this site. wranglerforum.com is fine if you want to research every question you have on your own, but no one really helps you unless you are modding out with the most expensive toys. Need a good family friendly forum that is both active but informative about my 2008 wrangler JKU. I wish this forum included the wranglers too.

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One last update on this I guess... Last night the right backup light went out. It fried something on the circuit board. So, What is everyone replacing these with? As an aside note:

Does anyone know of a Wrangler forum with people as helpful as on this site. wranglerforum.com is fine if you want to research every question you have on your own, but no one really helps you unless you are modding out with the most expensive toys. Need a good family friendly forum that is both active but informative about my 2008 wrangler JKU. I wish this forum included the wranglers too.

I was on wranglerforum. Not bad. Was also on jkfreaks. Pretty good info at both.

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No not bad, just seem to not be social much. For instance. I started this build thread over there on 10-16-17

Mikes 2008 JKU build

There have been over 240 visits and only 2 comments. The two likes were me liking their one post each.

Yeah it is a book, but I wanted to tell a story with it. Oh well.

Thanks, I never heard of jkfreaks, I'll check it out.

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So... What is the consensus for a replacement of these bulbs? I need to do something, because I can't see didly on the right rear because the windows are tinted really black. I could see with these crees, but is there something even brighter than these? Links helpful. Thanks in advance.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided to go with these reverse 1250 lumen SMD LEDs. I'll let you know how it goes.

2X 1250 Lumens 3157 50W High Power 6000K White Backup Reverse LED Lights Bulbs

I got these CREE LED headlights from the same place and they gave a discount for ordering both items at the same time. It only came to $30.16 total shipped. Remember mine is a Wrangler though. The headlights may be a different number for the Liberty. Please double check before ordering.

All in 1 H13 100W 10000LM CREE LED Headlight Kit High/Low Beam Bulbs High Power

I figure that if they last a while, it would be worth it at that price, as long as they do what they say they will, once I install them.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those seem to be pretty well made. Had any trouble with them at all? How long have you been running them?

Never saw you replied to my post, but no problems at all
They’re very bright and I’ve had them for over a year now.. I prefer ones with projector lenses at the top because they project better
I have a similar, more expensive pair on my Challenger for fogs and they look great as well

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never saw you replied to my post, but no problems at all
They’re very bright and I’ve had them for almost a year now.. I prefer ones with projector lenses at the top because they project better
I have a similar, more expensive pair on my Challenger for fogs and they look great as well

That's great! Thanks for letting me know about the projector lenses. I didn't realize that would make a big difference. I went cheap, but they look very well made. The headlights are serious machines and they are way brighter than the stock ones. I just hope they are not TOO bright. That would suck! I'm still waiting for dark 30 to get here, so I can go out and take some pics of both, the headlights, and the backup lights. I'll post them if you would like?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
That's great! Thanks for letting me know about the projector lenses. I didn't realize that would make a big difference. I went cheap, but they look very well made. The headlights are serious machines and they are way brighter than the stock ones. I just hope they are not TOO bright. That would suck! I'm still waiting for dark 30 to get here, so I can go out and take some pics of both, the headlights, and the backup lights. I'll post them if you would like?

Hope they are not like the one jack a** in a KJ around here .
Stupid cheap LEDs in the headlights , had a car actually stop in front of me the other night when he was coming at us, you just can't see anything.
They blow light everywhere.
Last night he got high beams, the Hellas all right at him, dumb.......butt :favorites68:
If you can't do it right, just don't do it