High power reverse lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm running the knock off LED 3x3s
2 mounted off the rear legs on the RL roof rack provide just about enough light to see REALLY well
Wasn't good enough for me for forward facing lights so went to the rear

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my cree's in today, put them on and waiting for the sun to go down but they look amazing already, just curious, has anyone wired in a tailgating button for that pesky drafter? Sorry if it's been brought up already, I've read most of this thread but may have missed one or 2.

Rennagade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just checked my backup lights... 1 blew out... Going to have to order another. I wonder what caused the failure. Bummed out at $20 a pop.

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered a set for mine this morning. Hopefully my Liberty will be home before they get here. I can hardly wait!

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just checked my backup lights... 1 blew out... Going to have to order another. I wonder what caused the failure. Bummed out at $20 a pop.

I thought you ordered them when they gave a lifetime warranty? Check in on that!

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine arrived 2 days later. They came in on Saturday. My Liberty is still MIA though. Maybe today or tomorrow I'll get her back. I am anxious to see how bright they are. I connected a 9v battery to one of them just to see how it looked, and I couldn't see again for about a minute. All I could see was the lights, even after taking off the battery. LOL rofl2.gif

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates on the OP's linked LEDs?
How are they holding up?

Tucson is big on keeping ambient light to a minimum for the astronomers so it's dark.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
My set had one bulb burn out about two weeks before the one-year warranty ran out. They replaced it and it has been fine ever since. I would check to see if they've changed the warranty terms since then, though. :)

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally I would avoid these... I have had to send them back 3 times under the lifetime warranty they used to grant. Kinda a pita. They are bright but I am having a hard time making them last.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have Silverstar backup lights.

Both of mine failed quickly and I was pissed enough not to bother sending them back. The standard preplscements have been in for a year and a half; these lasted less than 6 months.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have Silverstar backup lights.

Both of mine failed quickly and I was pissed enough not to bother sending them back. The standard preplscements have been in for a year and a half; these lasted less than 6 months.

so Silverstar bulbs?

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm running the knock off LED 3x3s
2 mounted off the rear legs on the RL roof rack provide just about enough light to see REALLY well
Wasn't good enough for me for forward facing lights so went to the rear

Is the OP's the knock off LEDs?

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry. Both of my LEDs failed quickly. The Silverstars are going strong.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well no more lifetime warranty. hm.... decision... decisions...

What's the bulb type for the reverse lights?
3157?
Thanks

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online