High power reverse lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LetFreedomRing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Freedom, just installed these yesterday (they were backordered cuz a lot of Jeepers were ordering them!) and they are quite bright! I had to unplug them and turn them around to get them to light as they have a specific polarity to them; turned the wrong way they won't light up. At first I thought I got a bad batch. :boxed:

My wife and I were out last night and as we were leaving our friend's house she remarked how much easier it is to see behind the Jeep when backing up. Gonna come in real handy when backup up the boat at night.

The interior LEDs I installed from the same place dramatically brighten the cabin - not at all harsh but just the way it should have been from the factory. My wife has a '12 Ford Focus with LED interior lighting and the Jeep is very similar to it now. The courtesy bulbs for the footwells are on backorder (UGH!) but are supposed to ship this week.

FWIW all the LED's dim and extinguish completely but I think it's because the incandescent courtesy lights are still in place so the BCM sees a load and completely cuts voltage. I'm curious if they will glow slightly when all interior lights are LED's - if they do then I'll insert an incandescent bulb in the circuit and hide it away so the BCM sees a load at all times.

Thanks for the tip, Freedom! :happy160:

Bob

Awesome! Glad you like them. Did you by chance happen to get the new version? My buddy ordered some and they sent him the 9w version. :icon_cool:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Glad you like them. Did you by chance happen to get the new version? My buddy ordered some and they sent him the 9w version. :icon_cool:

Yep, got the new version - that's the reason they gave me for the delay in getting them shipped. They sold through the previous stock much faster than normal due to a "suddenly high volume for Jeeps" ( :happy107: ) so I was fortunate.

Now I'm impatient for the footwell courtesy lights to show up :signs6:

Bob

0uTkAsT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! I might pick some of these up also. The stock back-up lights on my '07 are pretty sad.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed mine Sat, but can't test 'em out until the ****** is rebuilt and reinstalled.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys I have a good one for ya. Had them installed and loved every second of backing up. Until last night when they didn't come on! I put a regular bulb back in and nothing either. The fuse is fine for the backup lights.... now where is that relay...

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the interior lights now that they're LED. Having them in makes all the difference in the world - I can actually see something in the cabin when I turn on the lights.

They do glow slightly while driving (not when the Jeep is off, though) so I'm going to wire in one of the old incandescents to show a load to the BCM - that should turn off the voltage completely.

Bob

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the interior lights now that they're LED. Having them in makes all the difference in the world - I can actually see something in the cabin when I turn on the lights.

They do glow slightly while driving (not when the Jeep is off, though) so I'm going to wire in one of the old incandescents to show a load to the BCM - that should turn off the voltage completely.

Bob

I've always had this glow because I put in LED courtesy lights before I did the domes. Used to it now!!

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Bob

When you do could you please post which wires you attached it to. I had a hard time figuring it out and gave up for now to work on more important things, like my backup lights ha. :emotions133:

Rennagade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a set with expedited shipping... I hope I get them soon. This has always been one of my biggest complaints.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're only coming from CT - I'm in MD and had them 2-3 days after ordering without expedited shipping.

Rennagade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed them yesterday... NIGHT and DAY difference. Pun intended. Everyone should do this. Stock light bulbs are useless except to let people know you are backing up. I wish I knew about these sooner.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got a chance to test them this evening, and WOW. My stepdaughter says it looks like I attached high-power flashlights to the back of my Libby :)

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update. Got my backup lights to work. Changed the switch in the transmission ($12.00) and poof I have light! Problem is one of the LEDs stopped working. After some fiddling I sent it back to them under their lifetime warranty. I hope that it's as simple as a replacement.