Heater problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

navupmyself

Reaction score
Could be a thermostat, but most likely youre either low on coolant, or the heatercore is clogged.

Sephiroth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A stuck open thermostat would not give you heat at that speed as the coolant would not stop circulating through the radiator not reaching temperature, a stuck closed thermostat would cause the engine to overheat as coolant would not flow through the radiator. What does your temp Gage say? Are you reaching operating temperature at speed? And not overheating? It could be a partially clogged heater core or you might be low on coolant.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Overland KJ

Reaction score
This is what my temp reads all the time it's actually its right below the 1/2 mark bad camera angle. And my heat only blows out at maybe 45 degrees at the hottest. I filled my coolant last night and it still does the same thing.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sephiroth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would rule out the thermostat, have you tried flushing the core?

Overland KJ

Reaction score
That's what I'm going to do this weekend.

Overland KJ

Reaction score
Hoosier Jeep I clicked on the link and just takes me back to the dash board? Any further help is appreciated.

navupmyself

Reaction score
Not sure why people are saying you can't flush it, just drain the coolant ( either all of it or just partially) remove the two bolts holding the resovoir, remove the two hoses going into the heater core' grab a hose turn it on, and force water through both holes, I did it and it cleaned everything out and ai had heat again.

Sephiroth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hoosier Jeep I clicked on the link and just takes me back to the dash board? Any further help is appreciated.

Links don't work on Tapatalk, you need to hold the link and click on open in browser...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure why people are saying you can't flush it, just drain the coolant ( either all of it or just partially) remove the two bolts holding the resovoir, remove the two hoses going into the heater core' grab a hose turn it on, and force water through both holes, I did it and it cleaned everything out and ai had heat again.

Take a deep breath ...................
Its not as simple as that the way the heater core is made
Possibly yours was not plugged at all