Heat issues continue!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaxom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife and I dealt with only having air and heat with the fan setting on 3. It was actually Researching that issues that I found this forum and the how-to fix it thread. Unforitunily I didn't have the funds until recently to swap out the dead resistor pack on the fan wiring harness. Worked right away on all setting. Even got to enjoy some A/C during Indian Summer here in St. Louis late September.

Today however; I was looking forward to heat as the temps dropped down to 33F last night. One this I love about the Liberty's, they have awesome heat! Oddly though, when I came to a stop, the heat just quit. Air was still moving, but it was down right cold, almost like I had the A/C on.

I did a quick google search of this issue. Found another Jeep forum. The thread discussing the issue rapidly broke down into an argument over whether it was a water pump gone bad or a vacuum issue. One person did mention some thing that seems logical to me. The anti-freeze/coolant was low.

This would make perfect sense to me, as I did a really dumb thing earlier this year. In a complete panic, I accidently poured brake fluid into the coolant reservoir. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out this isn't a good thing, so I did a flush and fill myself. Then forgot about it. Never ran too hot over the summer even in +90F heat.

I just got home from dropping my daughter off at school today. Have about 5 hours for engine to go cold before I have to pick her up. Will check the coolant level at that time. But has anyone else had this issue before? If so, what did you do about it?

jja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trapped air or debris in the heater core, water pump going bad, etc.

What is the temperature of the inlet and outlet hoses to the heater core?

Jaxom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what it was. Topped it off a few days back. Heats been working fine since. Will check tomorrow once more as it's getting chilly again tonight. Make sure the reservoir filled to the cold engine line.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
What type of coolant did you use? I hope it includes the G05 or HOAT family.
Continue in the AM after Jeep has sat all night, to fill to cold line and keep a close eye on it.

Latest posts

Members online