Headlight question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003jeepKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2003 Liberty, the left headlight has been replaced by the prior PO and the right headlight lens is very cloudy.

1, Will the powerball / buffing with a drill really bring the old lens to a new look?

2, Is the lens separate from headlight or is it one unit.

3, I've shopped around on eBay and all I see is the headlamp & lens as one unit.

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its on the outside a headlight restore product could work.
I haven't used it before, but friends had success with it.

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
buy a kit from the auto parts stores from brads like 3M, turtle wax etc. has everything you need to restore the lights, make sure you seal them after you are done with a clear coat like product.

trent.brown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive used a headlight restore on my wifes car. It took off all the yellow oxidation and most of the scratches. It really made them look like new headlights.

This might be a large picture but here you can see the difference halfway through.
You must be registered for see images

By the way, that was in early spring and the headlights still look the same.

Last edited:

stn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turtle Wax would get my vote

It has a sealer. Does not require a drill, and I only needed about 1 hour . It worked great. for 10 bucks its worth a try

bassmanbob

Reaction score
My fog lights were completely caked over, I went to wally world and grabbed some Meguiers PlastX for about 5$ and its worked wonders. If you light is really bad then wetsand with increasing grits of sandpaper following one of hundreds of tutorials online.

2003jeepKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After scanning reviews on headlight restoration products I bought the 3M brand at Autozone that came with a $5 rebate. The lens before was cloudy not yellow as others have mentioned. I was happy with the outcome, still not as clear as brand new. I was so impressed that I did both fog lights. Very easy to use, I used a cordless 14V drill.

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a Jew, I use toothpaste and just work at it a little harder, then once it's all polished up
I just apply a good coat of auto wax.

That's funny! I'm Christian and I took tooth paste to the scratches in my rear side window where the rolled roofing hit my KK. I made them finer, I didn't try the taillight.