Front camber adjust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ksat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Liberty is leaning in a bit too negative on the front camber. Anyone know where the adjustment for that is made?

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lower control arm bolts adjust the camber and caster.

If lifted and the negative camber will not go positive into spec, then JBA extended upper control arms will be needed.

Ksat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that.

No lift on it, just slightly wider tires (245's).

Are those bolts where the arm connects to the frame or on the other end by the ball joint?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for that.

No lift on it, just slightly wider tires (245's).

Are those bolts where the arm connects to the frame or on the other end by the ball joint?

Wider tires don't make a difference
sagged out/ worn out springs and shocks I'll be are the main issues
Unless you REALLY know what you are doing do not try to adjust yourself
Buddy tried it , then called me, what a mess
Get a real alignment
and its the cammed bolts that are on the frame

Ksat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have the slightest clue as to what I'm doing, but I've got tons of string, levels and duct tape so I figure it should all work out in the end :icon_eek:

Thnx for the info on the bolt location.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have the slightest clue as to what I'm doing, but I've got tons of string, levels and duct tape so I figure it should all work out in the end :icon_eek:

Thnx for the info on the bolt location.

Go ahead and look up the phone number for the towing company if you are going to try it yourself , you'll need them. Levels and duct tape will never do it if you have no clue

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once you get a grasp of what you're doing.... a half-decent driveway alignment is possible. BTDT.

The other way to look at it is to 'un-sag' the suspension to make your existing alignment closer to correct again.

Ksat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once you get a grasp of what you're doing.... a half-decent driveway alignment is possible. BTDT.

Thanks.

Is the camber cam bolt on the front or rear of that lower control arm (when viewed from front)? I'd assume it'd be the front one.

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turning both equally will adjust the camber. Even the slightest difference between them will effect the caster. Toe is affected with the adjustment of both camber and caster. If you change camber and/or caster, the toe needs to be reset.

If the suspension is sagged at all, that needs to be corrected first.

One thing (not recommended though on sagged suspension) to "buy some time" is you can do a 3/8" clevis lift. It's free to do, will lift the front approx. 9/16", and will pull the wheels negative on the camber.

I did this to mine because it has been in 4 accidents prior to my ownership (3 on left front) and it isn't 100% correct, has a 2.5" lift, along with JBA extended upper a-arms (which push positive camber). The left (driver) wasn't going into spec on camber. Too positive. Did the clevis lift and was able to get it closer to where it should be.

I would recommend:

Low on cash,

Taking it for an alignment. If they can't get it set, do the clevis lift and take back for alignment. Replace sagged suspension ASAP. Then another alignment.

Have cash,

Take for alignment. If can't get set, replace sagged suspension. Get alignment.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
bandaid repairs
even trying to align with sagged out springs is not a good idea
But ...........

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.