front end alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rigid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 02 that is strictly a work car. It wears the inside edge of the tires very uneven compared to the rest. This is both sides. I am sure the springs need replaced. I'm not going to do that on this on this old thing. My question is can I or an alignment shop get the camber back close enough to spec without replacing the springs?
Thank you

Ksat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Camber is adjusted via 2 bolts on the lower control arms. I think whether or not you need new springs depends on how low your ride is sitting right now. I've never adjusted it on the lib, but typically there's a limit to how far you can push it positive (or negative). Sometimes there are cam kits available, which allow for a greater range of adjustment, but I don't know if there's such a thing for the Kj. Most alignment shops will charge for the service even if they can't get things to spec, so maybe you can try adjusting the bolts yourself on one side and see how far it will go.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am curious what the measurement from the center of the wheel to the fender is. It will tell us how far it has sagged compared to stock. Is stock 19” on a KJ? On the KK I think it is 18”.

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, 19” for KJ’s.

1ino

Reaction score
Sorry reviving this thread, I'm in the same boat, same year, same issue except I don't mind changing out my springs, I do not want to install a lift kid, but I would like better springs.
Anyone know what springs I could use that would be an upgrade without doing a lift?

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It could also be the toe setting. It tends to change as suspension sags.

If it is out of range for alignment, your easiest fixes are complete replacement struts, or shimming with a top plate or conduit nuts. Another possibility is to swap in the slightly longer KK strut forks.