Wheel hub camber shims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thehellboundfox

Reaction score
Interested to know if anyone has experience with these wheel hub/brake caliper shims.

I'm currently sitting somewhere around 3-1/2" of lift in the front (I can never remember the exact measurement from the fender to center of wheel)

I've maxed out my LCA cam bolts and am just within factory specs for camber, although I am just outside of factory spec for caster, and am convinced its making my steering a little looser than I'd like.
I've done tie rods and the power steering rack in the last year and everything feels solid. My steering is a little touchy at times and although it does track straight the steering wheel has a hard time staying centered or returning to center.

My intentions would be to install these +1 degree shims to reset my LCA cams to a place where they could be tuned properly to achieve factory spec camber and caster

Much love,
-Thehellboundfox

Attachments

• 713RPhawiKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    713RPhawiKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 67929294_704112550067451_2423013294756331520_n.jpg
    67929294_704112550067451_2423013294756331520_n.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 33

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it's just the picture, but yan your cake looks bad! Have you already got jba uca's? If not I'd do that first. I didn't know there was such a thing as cancer shims?

thehellboundfox

Reaction score
I don't know if it's just the picture, but yan your cake looks bad! Have you already got jba uca's? If not I'd do that first. I didn't know there was such a thing as cancer shims?
yes I've got UCAs and yes the picture is fisheyed. Wasn't really thinking when I added that photo, was more meant to be a reference for my jeep as a whole and not a photo of my alignment.

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Off subject..I'm diggn the bumper,where you get it?

WheelNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do the shims in your first post interact with the eccentric bolts of the LCA? I don't see how those would fit with the eccentric bolts, so they are maybe mounted to the knuckle in some way?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Have ran over four and a half inches of lift on the 04 for over 120,000 miles
No stupid shims needed at all
Alignment was right on the money , as a matter of fact one set of Duratracs went well over 90,000 miles and wear was flat across
Lots of so called alignment shops know diddly on aligning a KJ

Shankster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thehellboundfox, so your camber is too negative? And these shims would add 1 degree of positive camber? My Bilstein / OME /RRO UCAs lift had the opposite effect on camber and I'm at the other end of the factory specs - my front camber is almost too positive with my cam bolts positioned for max -ve camber. That said, it drives fine and I'm not seeing any strange tire wear. Those shims would put mine beyond the factory spec range by about +1 degree. Are you sure you have camber that's too -ve?