Can't adjust my side view mirrors all of a sudden

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave_too

Reaction score
I can't find a listing for a fuse anywhere for them. Anyone know of where the if it exists fuse might be? Since they both went out, I'm thinking potentially the rocker switch on the door might have failed. I'm no electrician. How might I go about trouble shooting this?
Thanks.
Dave

Ksat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unplug the switch on the door and test for power with key on. If you have power, there's probably a problem with the switch. On mine, I found a surface mount fuse on the switch's PCB that had blown.

nmbluept

Reaction score
I had that happen on my 2006 Liberty. Started as intermittent then progressed to not working at all. Checked voltage to the switch and determined switch was bad. Got a new one from Rockauto.com for around $30 as I recall. Switch replacement is easy, getting door panel off isn't bad either, just be sure to remove the screws before trying to pop the panel off.

Ksat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had that happen on my 2006 Liberty. Started as intermittent then progressed to not working at all. Checked voltage to the switch and determined switch was bad.

Weird. I have an '06, too, and had the same thing happen where at first it worked intermittently then later quit altogether.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the switch doesn’t get power, check for a broken wire inside the door hinge area, inside that rubber conduit and just inside the door/body. After 10,000 openings and closings of the door, sometimes the wiring there gets fatigued and breaks. I found and repaired this problem on my in-laws’ 04 WJ.