Door Vin sticker on a 2005

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chitownjohnny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I just bought my 2005 liberty from a dealer and the door vin sticker is missing. I did check the vins all match and only registered to one owner prior to me so nothing funny. The question is how does one get a replacement. The dealer seemed confused as if they have never done this. Does anyone have a clue who to contact for a replacement I mean dont body shops have to do this on damaged doors?

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am no professional but i am sure one way or another it comes direct from jeep. Maybe shoot them an email.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're just looking for the VIN number it is on a plate at the base of the windshield driver side. You can see it by looking through the windshield from the outside.

As far as the door sticker with recommended tire pressures, etc., I'd think the dealer would be the place to get one. If the place you went to can't get one I'd try a different dealer.

Bob

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I just bought my 2005 liberty from a dealer and the door vin sticker is missing. I did check the vins all match and only registered to one owner prior to me so nothing funny. The question is how does one get a replacement. The dealer seemed confused as if they have never done this. Does anyone have a clue who to contact for a replacement I mean dont body shops have to do this on damaged doors?
Dealership parts department.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^you could get a lot of beer for $125. Just saying.

Dave

ElCheapo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the info on the door sticker is in the manual, you have found that in it's little hiding place, haven't you?
After all, how often does anyone even look at that sticker?

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Your door was probably "damaged", either hit and fixed or replaced and completely repainted, or was rusted out and replaced & completely repainted. I wouldn't be very concerned about not having that info sticker. Being on a removable/replaceable part, that's not a "VIN tag", that's on the windshield pillar as well as the numbers being etched into the body. What a body shop would generally do is cut that sticker portion of the damaged door off and hand it to the customer to do what they want, or try to remove it with a heat gun and re-glue it on the new door to keep it looking factory, or they didn't concern themselves with the sticker. Take a look at your door hinge attaching bolts and nuts. If they look tampered with, that would be a sign that your door has definitely been repaired or replaced, but it still could have been repaired without messing with the hinges.

Last edited: