DIY Front Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
One of the main things I have found with winches over the years was people wiring them up with too small of gauge wiring
Warn I trust, all others I open them and check the wiring throughout as have found some that were not correctly wirded by the Chinese folks who built them

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback Labrat. Could you point me to some of the others, if I can get one here in the U.S. I would prefer to do that.
All the ones I’ve seen are out of Europe. The KJ aftermarket is pretty much dead, sadly.
There are quite a few vendors in Australia too.
I’ve been buying lots of stuff from Poland and Czechia. (Google.pl and Google.cz - have to manually set your browser to this nodes otherwise localization will only show you US stuff.)

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I've seen 5-6 front tow hooks pulled out over the years
and when they come off it rips the sheetmetal really good LOL
Yeah, methinks that was not the best design. In all the studying up on solid mounting for bumpers and such, in my mind, ideally a design would incorporate both the recovery hook mounts AND the body channels if a winch is to be incorporated. More steel bolted to more steel is always better.

Saw a KL this morning on the side of the freeway with both recovery hooks and most of the front end pulled off...****

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was a winch mount for the KJ/KK called the Detoures Backbone that was disguised behind the OEM bumper. They aren’t made anymore but you can sometimes find one for sale.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback Labrat. Could you point me to some of the others, if I can get one here in the U.S. I would prefer to do that.
jeepmania.eu has a bunch of stuff as does mudmaster.pl there was a third I bought bushings from, but Ill be darned if I can remember them. The bushings were all orange. My email doesn't keep anything beyond 30 days. UPDATE: found em

Bushings by TEDGUM brand..... tedgum.pl

nathan909

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Sort of see what it looks like
my 04 going from a ARB to the Matrix from JBA, waiting on the Rock Lizard to arrive
Where did you get the Matrix bumper and how much?

welro

Reaction score

CTJEEP

Reaction score

CTJEEP

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the above bumper was custom built on Poland. They wanted the Jeep in their shop to make a bumper.

Sad .... one less choice.