front bumper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XWrench3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to add fog and driving lights to my 2005 Liberty, but it looks like the metal part of the front bumper stops to soon, and I think i would be drilling into plastic. Is there a diagram showing the 2 parts of the bumper? Also, how do I remove the plastic (bumper cover?) from the vehicle? Maybe I can add metal under the bumper cover?

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
There are places along the plastic bumper cover that overlap the thicker plastic beneath the bumper cover that are probably strong enough for lights. I didn't drill mine but I did measure and mark it when it was apart. Measurements are in a May 2021 post "2005 Liberty sport fog light question", post #4.

Last edited:

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
see pics post#2
That bar comes in 2&4 light mounts.

Gyro

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
see pics post#2
That bar comes in 2&4 light mounts.

Gyro
That looks awesome! What a clean mod.

Deb'nKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
somewhere between London & Zunny Deb'n (England)
Does this help?
"If you're going to mount lights by just drilling into the bumper there is a black plastic under-bumper part that backs up the grey bumper cover in some places and not in others. Your light mounting will be more rigid if it goes through both pieces of plastic than if you just drill a random hole in the grey bumper cover. Take a look from underneath and you should be able to see the stronger overlap places.

I marked my bumper cover when I had it apart. From the center of the Jeep to the sides the strongest points are 6", 11", and 15". Also measure 3" out from the vertical lip at the back of the top of the bumper cover. The lip is hidden under the grill."