Dash lights and map lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepchic79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has any one had any trouble with there`s ? For some reason at night its hard as heck to see between 55 and 65 and cannot see my temp gauge at all at night . Then the map light on the left isn`t working that one i am sure is just a pop out and replace the bulb But thinking the dash light will be a pain in the a$$ , to replace

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before you do... Go buy some of the LED replacements showing up for those bulbs. I know there was a discussion on here a while back about somebody on ebay or a website that has led replacements for these units.

Why? The LED's will last a LOT longer, and with the amount of work involved in getting to them i wouldn't want to do them very often!

Banditsteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before you do... Go buy some of the LED replacements showing up for those bulbs. I know there was a discussion on here a while back about somebody on ebay or a website that has led replacements for these units.

Why? The LED's will last a LOT longer, and with the amount of work involved in getting to them i wouldn't want to do them very often!

I replaced mine about a year ago with blue led's and I think it looks awesome!! Left the green plastic sheet on the clocks and the blue shines through as a nice deep blue. I didn't think it was all that bad to do - Drop the steering column down to its lowest height, remove windscreen pillar trim, pop the vent panel up a bit below the screen, remove clock surround and the clocks, pull the multiplug from the back and you will see the small bulb holders on the rear of the clocks. If I remember I think there was 11 of them and you have to get new holders for the led's cos the factory lights are soldered into the holders. Plenty of suppliers on ebay etc but you might want to try to get them locally and then you shouldn't get shafted!! :D

jeepchic79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced mine about a year ago with blue led's and I think it looks awesome!! Left the green plastic sheet on the clocks and the blue shines through as a nice deep blue. I didn't think it was all that bad to do - Drop the steering column down to its lowest height, remove windscreen pillar trim, pop the vent panel up a bit below the screen, remove clock surround and the clocks, pull the multiplug from the back and you will see the small bulb holders on the rear of the clocks. If I remember I think there was 11 of them and you have to get new holders for the led's cos the factory lights are soldered into the holders. Plenty of suppliers on ebay etc but you might want to try to get them locally and then you shouldn't get shafted!! :D

Awesome ! I was wondering if i could get blue would like nice with my libby being a blue . Good idea .. Now where to get those lights . I have 5 different auto parts store`s around me also a MOD shop ... I might pay some one to do it for me lol don`t feel like messing it up . OK next is any one out there want to do this for me cheap ? lmfao

Banditsteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome ! I was wondering if i could get blue would like nice with my libby being a blue . Good idea .. Now where to get those lights . I have 5 different auto parts store`s around me also a MOD shop ... I might pay some one to do it for me lol don`t feel like messing it up . OK next is any one out there want to do this for me cheap ? lmfao

Yes bring it over - (UK) :D
Joking aside, Just follow the link that Tony posted - I didn't see that to start with - Take your time and you will be fine, it sounds worse than it is. :)

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
It's easy to do - I replaced all my instrument cluster bulbs last year.

Banditsteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If i come over i gotta stay :p

Wont they let you back in if you leave the states? ;)

See below for a couple of photos - One is obviously the clocks, which are deeper blue in reality, and one with the interior light up from the blue led's in the interior lights.

There you go jeeppower - Go get em!!! :cool: :D

Attachments

• Clocks.JPG
    Clocks.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Interior.JPG
    Interior.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 18

jeepchic79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wont they let you back in if you leave the states? ;)

See below for a couple of photos - One is obviously the clocks, which are deeper blue in reality, and one with the interior light up from the blue led's in the interior lights.

There you go jeeppower - Go get em!!! :cool: :D

Eh they would let me back in but why would i want to leave the uk :p Cooler weather . Farm land and alot of places to make ruts ;) ....Thanks for the photo`s that does look awesome ! that is what i am going to do !

Banditsteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eh they would let me back in but why would i want to leave the uk :p Cooler weather . Farm land and alot of places to make ruts ;) ....Thanks for the photo`s that does look awesome ! that is what i am going to do !

And lots more rain! Hehe. Not as many places to make ruts nowadays.......... All the treehuggers have banned us from moorland etc and the farmers have guns. Hehe. Just remember to buy the bulb holders as well as the led's before you pull it all apart. And I am pretty sure there are 11 of them in there. If you get stuck, we will help you along. Have fun!! :D

Banditsteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know ! I am going to get some of those here soon when my budget allow`s me too after i fix the other 4x4 beast that is broken down with a bad starter ! :p

You will be pleasantly surprised how cheap they are. I think mine cost about £15 ($20 ish) for the led's and the holders. Just remember when you fit the led's that they only work one way, so if one doesn't work just turn it round 180 degrees. LED stands for Light emitting diode - Diode is a one way electrical valve - Hence only works one way. No need to thank me!! Its just a free service I provide!! :D