Codes after replacing MAP sensor.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CWBenjamin

Reaction score
Hello.
Last night I replaced the MAP sensor on my 03, 3.7.
I unhooked my battery and alternator to do this.
When I started back up I got

P1391 - Loss of camshaft crank
and
P0340 - No camshaft reference signal at pm.

Never had these codes before..

I tested my battery while car was running to make sure it was good and the alternator is definitely working too.

any clue what happened? This was a very simple repair... I don't recall damaging or hitting any kind of sensors or wires... There was one other sensor just in front of the MaP sensor that went downward into the engine that i unplugged but plugged back in just right... I did **** it out with some air duster because it had some particles in it..

TIA

Last edited:

dtennes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go back and double check ALL connectors that you touched. From experience, I connected my spark plug harness power lead (a single 18awg wire) that feeds all 6 plugs, to the wrong cavity on a 10-way connector (confusing wire colors) and got dead spark plug readings on my scanner. Double checked the wires, connected it correctly, and it fired right up... no codes. Remember to then go back and reset your PCM by disconnecting the battery terminals (NEGATIVE 1st) from the battery and touching the leads together for at least 30 seconds to clear PCM cache. This sounds like the same basic problem