Dash lights go out when dome lights are off...what!?!

what?

• don't know

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigezee69

Reaction score
Just got this 05 Liberty. i have a weird issue that i don't understand. I must be overlooking something. here goes:

When i turn on the headlights and turn the lever to turn on the interior lights all the dash gauges are bright, but when i turn the lever and turn off the interior lights, the dash and radio all go dark. it is almost the opposite of what it should be.

i can't seem to get the dash gauges to stay lit and bright while the interior lights are off....so basically i have no dash lights at night unless the dome lights are on!!!

hope this makes sense.....??

Sevenmilesout

Reaction score
Hiya,
That fooled me too when I first got the Jeep. See page 115 of the owners manual. You need to turn the dimmer down one or two clicks from full bright.

Attachments

• 2006 jeep liberty kj owner's manual.pdf
    13 MB · Views: 5

Bigezee69

Reaction score
Hiya,
That fooled me too when I first got the Jeep. See page 115 of the owners manual. You need to turn the dimmer down one or two clicks from full bright.
Cool thanks for upping the user manual. It came with a manual but is nice having a pdf of it.

i guess there is a problem somewhere. The dome light is on no matter what detent i put it on except the one all the way down. thanks for the reply

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might want to find a salvage yard and grab a multifunction switch from another Liberty

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.