05 CRD: Is there a dimmer for the dash lights? Illumination for new radio head unit flickering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Christine_S

Reaction score
I just installed a Boss BE7ACP-FT head unit in my son's KJ. It seems great so far, but with one weird thing: when the screen is supposed to dim when the headlights are on (the "illumination setting" on), the screen flickers annoyingly between dim and fully bright. One of the troubleshooting strategies I am supposed to try is to change the level of dimming of the dashboard. But...I cannot find any way to dim the dash lighting on this car! It is a 2005 CRD. Do they not have this feature? Thanks for your help!

Christine_S

Reaction score
Mystery solved. Turns out it was there, but someone cut the wires for it. I have no idea why. This was my father's car since it was new. He doesn't remember much about anything post-1985 these days, so I guess it will forever remain a mystery!

So, we tapped a line for the headlights instead to make the auto dimming feature on the boss work as it should. It is a nice little unit for this car so far!

Attachments

• 20230107_132240.jpg
    20230107_132240.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 6