Custom spring compressor/ llift install aid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Selwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Tony & fellow forum members.

2 CRD's 2006 & 2007 one's mine the other belongs to my son. I did the Frankenlift install for a SA forum member KJ Sport, no charge. For me it was a free lesson on exactly how the Frankenlift was manufactured and how it fits. Here in SA the KJ community is very small. Currently my KJ is under manufacturers warranty, this must expire before I do the major works. In front both KJ.s are running a 25mm aluminum spacer between the top cup and the body, the same basic design as the Boiler shim. At the back I’m using 45mm aluminum spacers. A local company is making me a new set of rear coils (after the KJ Sport install).
I have spent many hours working out the eventual what for the front lift on our KJ’s. JBA has the product I had in mind – something adjustable - the Bilstein Kit – Also done rough sketches on a stainless steel adjustable clevis, it will take some nerve on my part to publish any info. All I can say “if I build it, it will not fail under extreme stress”

Back to the Frankenlift; it went in 1st time with my puller attached, no force no stresses and I believe that there was no way I would or will ever get hurt using the puller.
I have never used the ratchet strap method so I do not fully understand;

Back to the photo in your post as reference; Ryan seems to have had the same problem.
What I had was the clevis bottom pins resting on the LCA, the coil pushed against the body, the LCA was drooped so far that the LCA bush was sitting at least 30 mm behind and 30mm above the clevis. Did I miss something?
On the CRD: I look at the length of the Frankenlift and I cannot see how the left hand inner boot will remain intact with the pressure from the ratchet strap on the clevis and the force applied. My puller will have to do the job.

Selwyn

Selwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Ryan
Using the puller - without removing LBJ or UBJ or LCA!
Bolted the coilover into place, compressed the coil 60mm. hooked the clevis over the driveshaft, "clipped" the clevis over the shock, lifted the complete hub assembly slightly and pushed the bottom bolt througn the clevis. - as easy as that! Job done!
Selwyn

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Hi Ryan
Using the puller - without removing LBJ or UBJ or LCA!
Bolted the coilover into place, compressed the coil 60mm. hooked the clevis over the driveshaft, "clipped" the clevis over the shock, lifted the complete hub assembly slightly and pushed the bottom bolt througn the clevis. - as easy as that! Job done!
Selwyn

Well arn't you special?:rolleyes::D

Must of meen the meds!:D

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.