3" raised coil option's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mandala1111

Reaction score
Hi all.
New to the forum, thanks for the add from Australia.
Not new to KK's though, I have had my 2011 for nearly 7 years. I have searched past thread's but can't find the information I am after sorry. The first thing I did was deck her out and fitted a 3" lift, front steel winch bar and 12000 lb winch and rear wheel carrier so a bit of extra weight added . The spring's are not available any more but was a custom job by Murchison's in Australia. They did have a HD 3" lift that comprised of custom built King spring's for the diesel ( recommended for the added weight ) which have been a bit too stiff for my liking and the JBA 1/4" top strut spacers and JBA UCA's. I have also fitted 1 x extra top strut spacer to the front and 2 x extra iso's on the rear. that all brought me to just under 3.5" of lift when it was installed. Nearly 7 years on and she has sagged a bit so I am looking for new spring's that will give me a full 3" of lift so I can get rid of at least one set of strut spacers. I am not after the OME option as this still will not give me the lift I am after without using spacers. I know the front's are an issue due to the diameter being crucial so there is no UCA/spring contact. What are other's using ? Any info for front and rear would be greatly appreciated as I am not too keen these days to hang out at a wreckers yard all day measuring everything and also OH&S make's it hard to walk around them these days anyway lol. Oh and I am not keen on Bilstein 5100s to help lift as that will make it too stiff which is what I am trying to avoid. Cheers

Last edited:

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't think anyone makes big lift kits anymore, in Europe it's OME imported at vast expense or H&R for around an inch boost in height.

mandala1111

Reaction score
Don't think anyone makes big lift kits anymore, in Europe it's OME imported at vast expense or H&R for around an inch boost in height.
Thanks. I am not after KK springs, hoping to find something from another vehicle that can be adapted and am hoping other's have been there before me and can share their finding's ;).

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I am not after KK springs, hoping to find something from another vehicle that can be adapted and am hoping other's have been there before me and can share their finding's ;).
I don't think there is much for the front, the rear is simple enough though, but the dragster look isn't handy off road!

mandala1111

Reaction score
I don't think there is much for the front, the rear is simple enough though, but the dragster look isn't handy off road!
Haha, no not after the dragstar look. " The rear is simple enough " would you like to share ?? I have heard that some folk for the rear have used Discovery/Defender or WH Grand Cherokee rear's which I have been told are also a direct fit onto the same isolator's as the KK, can anyone confirm this ?
The front's are the issue with not much around with an OD that isn't any larger.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't speak from experience with the rear, but if you search on here you'll find it's been discussed hundreds of times, loads of useful information.
I'm in the UK so big lift stuff isn't easy available, I'm planning to go with H&R + KYB shocks and a small boiler plate at the front with an extra isolator at the rear to level it out. Then hockey pucks bolted on to extend the rear bump stops and probably a spacer added above the front bump.

mandala1111

Reaction score
I can't speak from experience with the rear, but if you search on here you'll find it's been discussed hundreds of times, loads of useful information.
I'm in the UK so big lift stuff isn't easy available, I'm planning to go with H&R + KYB shocks and a small boiler plate at the front with an extra isolator at the rear to level it out. Then hockey pucks bolted on to extend the rear bump stops and probably a spacer added above the front bump.
Thanks for your reply. I had already searched a heap of old threads as I mentioned in my post but I haven't been able to find what I am after. Cheers

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I had already searched a heap of old threads as I mentioned in my post but I haven't been able to find what I am after. Cheers
There is some info on using longer rear shocks off a dodge on here, they aren't available here so I didn't pay much attention.