Curious about these sliders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
wow really? I really lik the design of them, and hitting my pants on em wouldnt be that big of a deal for me, considering I had to custom fab a new seat back adjustment handle out of metal, i made it stick vertically up a little to much and now i get stabbed in the ass every once in awhile getting out of the liberty. You dont think the RRO super sliders offer good protection to the body and doors? I feel like the RL's stick out a little to much, but maybe that whats best for rock protection, ive never been crawling so im not sure what EXACTLY to be looking for.

Weak....come down on them like tjkj mentioned and they will fold up, cheap imitations . Pictures somewhere on LOSTJEEPs of some that did .
ALLJs it is, they make some great ones
ran a set of them at first until I got tjkjs old set

Some have to remember , a lot of us have been around on the forums and building these for 12-14 years or so, seen a lot , installed a lot of various parts from rock rails to lifts etc so although I haven't stayed in a Holiday Inn for a couple of months....I know some things:happy175:
Installed 5 different brands of sliders

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Love my RLs. Saved my bacon in the rock garden at the last Jeep show I went to.

Get the AllJ's and then add tubing to them if you desire. AllJ's is a good company, they've been very kind to the KJ world.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boulder bars or 4xguard sliders?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd go Boulderbars. I've seen them in action and they work. Never seen the 4xguards in person.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Boulder bars or 4xguard sliders?

All depends on what you want, two different kinds really
What I liked about the ones RL made ( tjkjs old set) were the extra bar that came out. I've put them against trees and actually spun myself around the tree to get out of a tight spot. The 4XGuard while great does not have that option standard so if going that route I would get that added.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a customized set of All J's BoulderBars on my KJ. They were a little longer than standard so they stretched from right below the front fender in front of the front door seam to just in front of the rear wheel well. I think All J's still has the print for them so they could make a set for you too.

Also added the upturned tube like Tom mentioned above so that the tube stuck out just past the flares. Really helped off road - and in parking lots when knuckleheads opened their car doors too fast. The door hit the slider tube every time :happy175:

Here's what they look like:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Bob