Curious about these sliders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd put them in the same category as the OE Renegade ones.

Need pics of how they mount, but I'm guessing it's just straight bracing. Plus they don't have the outertube part which I think is vital, it's saved my doors and rockers from stuff that just the main body of the rail wouldn't have caught.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah they seem sub par to me....would have to see bracing and stuff though.
the rear cargo rack looks interesting though

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They provide the crappiest picture ever... and the specs just say they're black and go from wheel to wheel.. those are not good indicators of a solid, worthwhile product in my mind. Especially for $360.

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see any parts for the KJ there.

I'm running them. Maybe they aren't making the, anymore?
jeeptorino68-albums-liberty-picture5611-imag0116.jpg

I guess they don't anymore. Maybe email and ask?

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm running them. Maybe they aren't making the, anymore?
jeeptorino68-albums-liberty-picture5611-imag0116.jpg

I guess they don't anymore. Maybe email and ask?

Except they made the mounting holes same place there are holes in the frame LOL
maybe they finally listened to me and changed them ???
Installed a few sets of them

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If I needed a set of rock rails today, I'd start with these...
All J Products - Jeep KJ Liberty Boulder Bars

And then maybe brace them to make triangles and add the outer tube part. TwoBobsKJ on here had the tube part added to his. But I'm not sure if you even need the triangulation, it helps but I think they are sturdy enough, at least from the few I've seen in action. The biggest advantage these have over the ones in the OP is that they bolt to the pinchweld.

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Except they made the mounting holes same place there are holes in the frame LOL
maybe they finally listened to me and changed them ???
Installed a few sets of them

One hole did match up with the big hole in the frame. The rest were fine though

Casey.N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what do you guys think of the RRO super sliders, despite their terrible shipping times and awfull customer service, I like how they roll up towards the doors with that extra rolled bar.

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think they're that bad. Company or sliders. We got their lift spacers for my wifes Compass and didn't have any issue with the spacers, company, or customer service.

I was looking at their sliders before, but then I had to fix the rusted rockers anyway, so I built my own rockers and made them sliders at the same time.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
what do you guys think of the RRO super sliders, despite their terrible shipping times and awfull customer service, I like how they roll up towards the doors with that extra rolled bar.

Bad design IMO, buddy had a set and always complained that they just stuck out enough to always rub his pants on them, he loved mine ( RLs ) since you could actually use them as a step
If they were the only ones making them, I would do without

Casey.N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bad design IMO, buddy had a set and always complained that they just stuck out enough to always rub his pants on them, he loved mine ( RLs ) since you could actually use them as a step
If they were the only ones making them, I would do without

wow really? I really lik the design of them, and hitting my pants on em wouldnt be that big of a deal for me, considering I had to custom fab a new seat back adjustment handle out of metal, i made it stick vertically up a little to much and now i get stabbed in the ass every once in awhile getting out of the liberty. You dont think the RRO super sliders offer good protection to the body and doors? I feel like the RL's stick out a little to much, but maybe that whats best for rock protection, ive never been crawling so im not sure what EXACTLY to be looking for.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow really? I really lik the design of them, and hitting my pants on em wouldnt be that big of a deal for me, considering I had to custom fab a new seat back adjustment handle out of metal, i made it stick vertically up a little to much and now i get stabbed in the ass every once in awhile getting out of the liberty. You dont think the RRO super sliders offer good protection to the body and doors? I feel like the RL's stick out a little to much, but maybe that whats best for rock protection, ive never been crawling so im not sure what EXACTLY to be looking for.

You can ask Tom what my old RL sliders look like(he has them),slammed so ******* a rock on the outer tube RL(was riding shotgun) had me stop because he swore I broke the rail.

I wouldn't trust RRO with a wet fart.

Members online

No members online now.