CRD springs on a Gasser

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the differance between CRD front coils and the 3.7 gasser coils? :confused: Longer, coil spring dia/ stiffer? Looking at installing them with my 2.5 Daystar lift. Pros vs Cons.. any help will do! Thanks

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What is the differance between CRD front coils and the 3.7 gasser coils? :confused: Longer, coil spring dia/ stiffer? Looking at installing them with my 2.5 Daystar lift. Pros vs Cons.. any help will do! Thanks

not sure about combing the two on a gasseer, but it works on a CRD , it will be a lot stiffer than what you have currently, OME Heavy Dutys are 400 lb where as the OEM (stock CRD ) are 410lb if you have stock bumper etc should last a long time for sure since no extra weight of motor/bumpers etc

ATXKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The CRD coils have a thicker wire - to get the higher spring rate - length is the same (they'll give some lift just because they don't compress as much)

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i should be getting my CRD coils any time now but have a question about my stock UCA.??? Because mine is the gasser and putting CRD coils w the 2.5 daystar lift. Will I need to replace my UCA because of the weight to compression ratio? Meaning the stock springs are #310 and compress quite a bit by the weight of the liberty. But the CRD coils are #410 and probably won't compress that much. Any thoughts on this would be great. Would hate to get it apart and back together just to have to take it partially apart again:eek:

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so i got the CRD springs on with the 2.5 daystar lift. And i'll tell you i got the FULL 2.5 inches out of it. But i do have a question:confused: On the front strut spacer. There is a raised edge that is just behind where the UCA and spindle connect. (the upper ball joint connection) Looks like a bump stop for when fully extended. When my wheels are straight the spindle touches that. Not when i turn either way, just straight. There wasn't much room before. But will this be corrected with my alignment. Is that the camber? Will adjusting this correct this? Hope all of you understand just what i mean. Other than that I don't mind the stiff ride haven't been out on the trails though, so we'll see. Thank in advance!!!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
?????????????rear springs....you use Durango rear shocks if you are lifted not springs

I've heard of using Dango rear shocks, but coils??? If you're talking about the Mopar coils to use, don't. Same quality as the Mopar Kj's, just different size. :)

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some pics of the CRD coils on my gasser :twisted: Getting some rear iso's to raise and level it back out. I do Have the Daystar lift
You must be registered for see images

Not much compression on the coils.

Might have run in to a snag on this though and hopping an alignment and a serious camber adjustment will fix this?
This is looking at where the UBJ connects. You can see where it touches the spacer puck. Any thoughts?

And my reason for extended brake lines.....

It does move in there when i turn but not enough to my liking :shock:
All thoughts are appreciated. I still have my old coils so i'm not stuck if there is a problem aligning it. Thanks again Jeepers!!!

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need JBA's UCA's now to help with that problem,maybe.Or you need to cut down that spacer by at least 1" to get back at a lift that will not kill your brake lines.The extended brakes lines will not help you at all,actually the extended front lines are really only about 1/2" longer,maybe,but the OEM lines are more then long enough.You will crush either brake line sooner or later.

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need JBA's UCA's now to help with that problem,maybe.Or you need to cut down that spacer by at least 1" to get back at a lift that will not kill your brake lines.The extended brakes lines will not help you at all,actually the extended front lines are really only about 1/2" longer,maybe,but the OEM lines are more then long enough.You will crush either brake line sooner or later.
So get it re-aligned will not help this at all??? Was really hopping they were longer than that. :mad:The metal part of the brake line on the caliper side is really what kills me. If the rubber was longer and metal was shorter... I'd be in like flin! :D Got any UCA around you wanna sell for cheep. :eek:

Keep the thoughts coming!!! Thanks!!!

I thought i might add that the pics of spindle and UBJ are taken with out a jack or stands under it....

Last edited:

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So get it re-aligned will not help this at all??? Was really hopping they were longer than that. :mad:The metal part of the brake line on the caliper side is really what kills me. If the rubber was longer and metal was shorter... I'd be in like flin! :D Got any UCA around you wanna sell for cheep. :eek:

Keep the thoughts coming!!! Thanks!!!

I thought i might add that the pics of spindle and UBJ are taken with out a jack or stands under it....

After some input from fellow jeeps on other sites, No Dice! Running out of $$$$ and just not enough weight for a gasser to compress those coils with the daystar lift. I'd rather put it back like it was and spend the coin on some gears and a locker SHOCKED.gif. Another wild idea tried and failed. Never know unless you do though. Thanks for the help and lesson learned.

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And now all is back the way it was. Thanks to those that gave there input. I'm sure i'll need it again!

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looking at my daystar kit i see that you can route the brake line under the ball joint. obviously you would have to cut off that whole bump stop but hey my daystar kit dosnt have it. did you get new crd coils or used ones?

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looking at my daystar kit i see that you can route the brake line under the ball joint. obviously you would have to cut off that whole bump stop but hey my daystar kit dosnt have it. did you get new crd coils or used ones?

I got them used with 4k on them. Why you want them? Sell 'em cheep:D

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what was wrong with the CRD coils in your gasser? just rode stiff or was it damaging. if it was just stiff ill buy those coils from you. :D your front end looked real nice! here's my saggy front end ha:
You must be registered for see images attach

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what was wrong with the CRD coils in your gasser? just rode stiff or was it damaging. if it was just stiff ill buy those coils from you. :D your front end looked real nice! here's my saggy front end ha:
You must be registered for see images attach

OK hope you read the thread??? The Ride was fine for me. The problem is that the struts were fully extended After lowered off the jack. Yep looked pretty sweet but don't want the problems down the road. Here is some more info on this http://www.lostkjs.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=41765

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright thanks man, sorry to be redundant ive been back and forth on lost and here all day researching various topics. gets kinda cloudy in the head.

Latest posts

Members online