05 crd with power loss. Limp mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hill160881

Reaction score
I recently got me a crd Liberty. I have done the usual front end work. New jba upper control arms, upper and lower ball joints, steering ends, both cv shafts, skyjacker 2.5” lift, 16x8 -6 rough country rims and some BFG MT ko 31.5x10.5. Cheap bumper for a jk made to fit…
I bought it from a diesel mechanic as a shop walk away. He did the head gasket, timing belt, water pump and rocker arms.

It runs ok but I have a lot of engine codes. The only thing I care about is it seems to be going into limp mode every time I get on the throttle.
Codes are

-P0234 over boost.
-P0700 transmission control system
-P0101 mass air flow sensor “A” circuit performance
-P0340 cam positioning sensor circuit 1 bank 1
-P0299 under boost
-P0846 2 4 or 2c pressure switch rationality (boost control solenoid?)
-P0610 ecu vehicle mismatch(programmed ecu?)
All codes listed are from the dealer! Not my scanner.

Honestly I like the Jeep and plan to fix it. I also plan to put a new transmission in it.

What programmer is still available for this thing. What is everyone using to program it?

Been reading a lot. I have new heilacle LSDs front and rear with 4.10 gears waiting on install. Just want to get it running without limp mode and a new trans first. Thanks for any links and help.

Attachments

• IMG_6655.jpeg
    IMG_6655.jpeg
    455.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it runs ok just clear all the codes and see how it goes, if it's just been worked on it could be historical codes or low battery when it was in the garage.

Hill160881

Reaction score
If it runs ok just clear all the codes and see how it goes, if it's just been worked on it could be historical codes or low battery when it was in the garage.
It does run ok until you give it more than half throttle. Then it goes into limp mode and has no power and no boost. Once I shut it off and turn it back on it’s normal again. I will replace the map, maf and cam sensor today and then clear the codes and see how it goes.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did it go? Sounds like a dirty MAP sensor.

Hill160881

Reaction score
How did it go? Sounds like a dirty MAP sensor.
I replaced the cam sensor and cleaned the map and maf and it seems to not go into limp mode now. I won’t know for another few hundred miles though. If it makes it through this tank of gas without going into limp mode I will say success.

Hill160881

Reaction score
Well it’s been two tanks of fuel and no limp mode. So looks like it was a cam position sensor. It has not thrown the cam sensor code since I replaced it.
Still throwing codes for over boosting, under boosting, and mismatch ecu but it runs good and that all I want.

jeep momma

Reaction score
I recently got me a crd Liberty. I have done the usual front end work. New jba upper control arms, upper and lower ball joints, steering ends, both cv shafts, skyjacker 2.5” lift, 16x8 -6 rough country rims and some BFG MT ko 31.5x10.5. Cheap bumper for a jk made to fit…
I bought it from a diesel mechanic as a shop walk away. He did the head gasket, timing belt, water pump and rocker arms.

It runs ok but I have a lot of engine codes. The only thing I care about is it seems to be going into limp mode every time I get on the throttle.
Codes are

-P0234 over boost.
-P0700 transmission control system
-P0101 mass air flow sensor “A” circuit performance
-P0340 cam positioning sensor circuit 1 bank 1
-P0299 under boost
-P0846 2 4 or 2c pressure switch rationality (boost control solenoid?)
-P0610 ecu vehicle mismatch(programmed ecu?)
All codes listed are from the dealer! Not my scanner.

Honestly I like the Jeep and plan to fix it. I also plan to put a new transmission in it.

What programmer is still available for this thing. What is everyone using to program it?

Been reading a lot. I have new heilacle LSDs front and rear with 4.10 gears waiting on install. Just want to get it running without limp mode and a new trans first. Thanks for any links and help.
We have a 2006 CRD that needs a secondary runner valve/solenoid P/N 4606226AC but we can't find one anywhere. I've looked all over the internet and can only find one on eBay from China! I'm hearing the part may have been discontinued. Does anyone know where I might find one?

JMichael2006

Reaction score
We have a 2006 CRD that needs a secondary runner valve/solenoid P/N 4606226AC but we can't find one anywhere. I've looked all over the internet and can only find one on eBay from China! I'm hearing the part may have been discontinued. Does anyone know where I might find one?
Check IDParts, they have them for $59. They are a great source for these Jeeps.