- Jul 14, 2005
- Reaction score
- Southeastern Ohio
LOL they are not even right on the stock spring rating too bad they can not hire people who actually know what they are talking aboutHad an interesting discussion with ARB this morning. Could be useful info for people. According to them here are the specs for the OME KJ springs:
0. Stock spring - 320#/in
1. Light spring - 375#/in 385mm height
2. Medium spring - 375#/in 392mm height
3. Heavy spring - 400#/in 394mm height, thicker coils
0. stock spring - 150#/in
1. light spring - 170#/in, 340mm height
2. Medium spring - 200#/in, 340mm height, thicker coils
To note, the light/medium springs are the same rate but the medium are taller by 1/4". Heavy are nearly the same as medium except thicker coils to get higher rate.
For people like me (concerned with ride quality), they suggested to stick with softer springs and balance out height with spacers. They also noted that some KJ's have a higher ride height than others (I assumed they meant pre-lowered 02's, like mine) and you can only expect 1/2" to 1" increase.