Bugshield installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't really care for the looks of it at the moment, and it covers up the "JEEP" emblem...but, maybe it'll grow on me. I had to get one because of all the bugs around here, not to mention the little rock dings that are starting to pop up on the front edge of the hood. Does anyone else have one? How does it look?

Before:

You must be registered for see images

After:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
not sure? I should have gotten one... it is NOT bug shield, it is like ROCK sheild. I got a chipped hood edge, and it was killing me! Glad you got it without waiting too long.

2003KJ

Reaction score
mine's becoming chipped....might have to make an investment.

I like your Jeep plate though...

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn NYS DMV for requiring plates up front. Serves no purpose! No thug runs from cops in reverse....

As for chipped/scratched hoods, I seriously thought about replacing the hood altogether instead!!!!! Anyone knows how much painted 04 hood cost? I found one on ebay, but he did not answer me when I asked him if it was painted.. I must have thought i am crazy.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Change the grille with a black one, won't look unibrow like

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive always thought about getting the mopars bug shield.. Idk about that one though..

Hehe, and yes, it is nice and clean. :)

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still don't like it very much...but I didn't get it for looks, I got it for protection. I gotta keep telling myself that! :eek: The box is already at the dump, so returning it is not an option. It looks alright from a distance, better than it does close up anyway. Oh well, it's only 50 bucks.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fine sand + air brushing it is always an option! :)

Or black grill :) or a silver one.. (not a huge fan of silver ones)

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive always thought about getting the mopars bug shield.. Idk about that one though..

Hehe, and yes, it is nice and clean. :)

This is the only Mopar bug shield I've seen, it doesn't really look all that different to me....and it costs $30 more. Is there another one or is this it?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was wondering if anyone would notice that

Marlon has Jeep Sensor, like terminator looking for sarah conner.
marlon can just dip his finger on some grease or oil on the pavement, and take a sniff, all his sensors would go off "jeep liberty".. if he stresses enough he will spit out the VIN......
DUDE....

2003KJ

Reaction score
Marlon has Jeep Sensor, like terminator looking for sarah conner.
marlon can just dip his finger on some grease or oil on the pavement, and take a sniff, all his sensors would go off "jeep liberty".. if he stresses enough he will spit out the VIN......
DUDE....

(rotflmao)

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ha! Dont get my started on the power wheels! I took two motors off the back of another power wheels and put them on the front of mine to make it 4wheeldrive! I upgrade to a lawnmower battery, then to a boat batter, then a battery from a D-8 bulldozer that I pulled in a wagon behind me! It took up the entire wagon! I could go for weeks without charging that thing! Gosh I wish I still had it so I could take pics.

Yea, that the one I was talking about Heath. I thought it was smaller but I guess its not.