Puddle Lamp Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

derekj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed some puddle lamps in the mirrors the other week and thought I would just post it up here - original write up was in the "what did you do to your Liberty" thread.

Ok - so I removed the mirrors and ran the wires for the lights through the harness for the power mirrors. There is a cover that pops off on the mirror where it folds in - this is how you can get the wires into the mirror housing behind the glass. Next you have to pull the boot off that runs between the door and the body. Easiest way to do this is to first unbolt the door check strap from the body and the door and push it into the door. Starting on the door side pop the boot out of the door - it is held in by a plastic retainer similar to the other side - be carefully not to break the plastic part, it is fragile. I then pulled the rubber boot off the clip and then pushed the boot and clip into the door. The boot on the body side actually says where to push to get it out of the body - you are just squeezing some clips and it will pop out of the body. Unplug the orange harness and you can access the connector. I drilled two holes in the bottom part of the connector to pass my wires through - ran the wires from the mirror, through the boot and into the car. I also removed the door speaker to help get my hand up into the door. The body harness from the door passes through another one of these clip style grommets above the kick panels - I removed the kick panels to get better access then put a small cut in the boot and ran the wires through. I found the interior lamp wires, cut the plug off and connected the wires from the doors - lights work!

You must be registered for see images attach

You can see that the factory wires for the lights (red and blk/wht) are tapped to this harness under the steering column and on the passenger side they are tapped to the harness just infront of the blower resistor - this side was easy to see with a small mirror.

Latest posts

Members online