Body work Needed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaxom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My family and I moved to St. Louis in 2013. This year has been terrible for us, as we've been rear ended twice, and then my wife had an ops and hit a parked car. So our 2004 KJ looks like it's been through hell and back. But we own it, so it's worth having fixed up with only 75K miles on it.

Problem is, I lived most of my life in Chicagoland. I know where to get work done there for a reasonable price by reputable people. I don't know where or whom to trust in St. Louis. Can I get some recommendations please?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
What needs to be done? If it's just fenders and bumpers it'd be an easy fix yourself.
I had to replace the front fender on my WK this spring. Bodyshop wanted $1500, I found a fender in the right color in a junkyard for $150 and swapped it out in an hour. Looks new.

Jaxom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to take pictures, it'd be much easier then trying to explain. Really wish I could find an after market company that had catalogs with exploded body diagrams! I had one for my Chevy S-10. Had every part number and quantity needed down to even clips and screws!

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I notice your in a new area im still in chicago. Not sure if you have joined lost jeeps its a similar forum. Large community someone might be down there could help you out.

Jaxom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off, thanks for the .pdf! I also found someone who posted a service manual on the '04's as well.

Yes I belong to Lost Jeep Facebook page. I know one of the moderators.

Also yes. First rear-ending was a woman on a phone didn't stop in time. Hit me standing still while she was doing 40mph! Second rear-ending was a hit and run. Cops told me that happens often when they're driving without a license or insurance...or they have a warrant out on them.

So.... Right front wheel flare along with wheel well gone...bunch of smaller parts, came off as well. One kinda looks like a white plastic door stop. Concerned that with the wheel well gone some of the wiring is being exposed to rain, and eventually snow if I don't get it fixed soon. But before I can work on that, I have to get brakes done and some tires replaced.

Other then buying straight from Jeep, who else sells body parts at a reasonable price?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Body parts, check car-part.com it lets you search every junkyard in the country. I'd rather put on used but good Jeep parts instead of new China ones.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Too bad you aren't closer, have a great 04 body, no rust, no dents, with lots of extras you could drop your motor in:icon_lol::icon_lol:
But wait its not a Renegade :shrug::favorites68:

Jaxom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have car-parts.com bookmarked one my laptop. I've been trying to find a driver's side seat for the longest time. Frame is cracked and the lumbar support handle has busted off.

Latest posts

Members online