Liberty body parts interchange

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2mJps

Reaction score
I have a 11 - 05 liberty that hit a deer. My liberty has fog lights in the grille. A scrap yard not a parts yard had a 2005 dont know the month that i got a radiator, inner grille, ac condenser and bumper cover it didnt have fog lights. I found out there was a change in body parts from early to late 05. I now have every thing but a grille and inner grille support. Did some 2006 come without fog lights? What years would inner change? It looks like the bumper cover is different if it dosent have fog lights. Can i get a grille without fog lights and use my early 05 bumper cover?

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been on quite a few liberty junk yard hunts over the last year and a half.

I've seen some 2006 without fog lights, my 2007 sport had no fog lights. When I bought grille fog lights I just cut the inner section of the grille out with a oscillating tool.

Double check it, but I haven't seen a different bumper cover from the standard changes on 05+ where the turn signals in the bumper cover were right where the fender flares ended. I would think the grille would fit any bumper cover 05+ with the changes, and they just had two grille inserts to put in based on fog lights or not, (both grilles having the holes for fog lights).

2mJps

Reaction score
For a rig that was built several years and looked about the same there is a lot of difference.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
At some point before the change from KJ to KK, the KJ’s went to flat hoods. I don’t know if that was just a trim like the Renegade or whether they all did.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At some point before the change from KJ to KK, the KJ’s went to flat hoods. I don’t know if that was just a trim like the Renegade or whether they all did.
I believe it was renegade trim and maybe some other trim shenanigans, but it was not all.