Blinker problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003jeepKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003 Liberty 4x4, Left blinker is blinking faster then the right. Front and rear bulbs and brake light is working.

What is wrong?

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you change over to winter blinker fluid.
Hope this helps ;).

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya usually bulbs will blink faster if one is out.

Blinker fluid changeover helps a lot with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Peanut Butter

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well hyperflashing is usually caused by a low voltage problem. So start with that? Otherwise I'm not completely sure. That happened once when my tail light (aftermarket) was wired incorrectly for me. So I assume anything on that track...which is a lot to check!!

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cute, blinker fluid!

I'll try side markers first.

If they work, what else?

Have you checked all your dual filament bulbs out? Reason I ask is I had the rapid flash symptom and "thought " the left front was working and so suspected the repeater bulb. Come to find out if the repeater bulb is working it can make the dual filament lens look like its working (flashing). Turns out the dual filament bulb (3157 if I remember right) had the turn signal filament burnt out.
If you pull the housing (one screw), may as well check the bulbs (filaments) with an ohm meter to be certain they are good. Remember there are two in each of the 3157s.

Thats really fun when its sub zero! I make a practice of changing both sides and keeping the used good one for a spare.

Good luck.

Keseleth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turns out the dual filament bulb (3157 if I remember right) had the turn signal filament burnt out.

I have a similar issue right now...except my turn signal filament isn't burnt out, it's just not working. The other two filament(s) illuminate, making for a very dim blinker. I've tried three different bulbs and swapped the fuse, but it's still not fixed.

Eventually I'll get around to checking the socket with an ohm meter (I've been procrastinating because I've never used one before). If that doesn't shed light on the issue, I don't know what else to try. :think:

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try some contact cleaner then apply dielectric grease on the socket. if there is any mositure or crappy contact it could show up like a short when the bulb is in or intermittant Open circuit if the bulb is dim / dimming.

2003jeepKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What and where is the repeater bulb?

Is it the side marker bulb or turn signal bulb?

brando26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why the hell would you call a side marker bulb a repeater bulb when it doesn't repeat anything. Lol. A flasher repeats.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why the hell would you call a side marker bulb a repeater bulb when it doesn't repeat anything. Lol. A flasher repeats.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Ask the factory. Thats what it is called in the Factory Service Manual.