Blinker problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a similar issue right now...except my turn signal filament isn't burnt out, it's just not working. The other two filament(s) illuminate, making for a very dim blinker. I've tried three different bulbs and swapped the fuse, but it's still not fixed.

Eventually I'll get around to checking the socket with an ohm meter (I've been procrastinating because I've never used one before). If that doesn't shed light on the issue, I don't know what else to try. :think:

Don't use an Ohmeter....put your Multimeter to "DC Volts" and place the red meter wire on the failing contact in the bulb holder and the black lead onto the Ground wire in the bulb holder...usually a Black wire.

The Meter should pick up the pulsing +12 volts.

If not...move the Black meter lead to a good clean chassis point...if the meter now picks up the flashing +12 volts then you have a bad ground on the socket....replace the bulb holder socket then or clean it properly with fine Emory cloth.

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't use an Ohmeter....put your Multimeter to "DC Volts" and place the red meter wire on the failing contact in the bulb holder and the black lead onto the Ground wire in the bulb holder...usually a Black wire.

The Meter should pick up the pulsing +12 volts.

If not...move the Black meter lead to a good clean chassis point...if the meter now picks up the flashing +12 volts then you have a bad ground on the socket....replace the bulb holder socket then or clean it properly with fine Emory cloth.

As stated here, , if your checking your sockets to find if you have voltage present, you want your multi meter set to check volts DC.

As stated previously, to check your bulb filaments to see if they are good, set the multimeter on ohms. You are looking for continuity tween the base (shell) and the individual contacts.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine dont? The side markers in the front bumper are constant on or off. The front and rear flasher bulbs flash.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

What year? 2004 does it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Jrodsf33t

Reaction score
Im having a similar issue with my 05 right now... dash light blinks very fast and the rear light flashes equally fast but the front does not. and its only on the left side? it was happening randomly for awhile but now does it constantly... burnt out bulb?

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im having a similar issue with my 05 right now... dash light blinks very fast and the rear light flashes equally fast but the front does not. and its only on the left side? it was happening randomly for awhile but now does it constantly... burnt out bulb?

Does the front blinker light not flash at all?

First thing to check is the bulb itself....check that the contacts inside the bulb holder are not dirty or corroded while replacing the bulb.:shrug:

Jrodsf33t

Reaction score
Does the front blinker light not flash at all?QUOTE]

No, it doesn't flash at all. Even when locking or unlocking with keyless entry fob. The weird thing is that it was sporatic in the beginning... it did it for a bit then went back to normal... which led me to believe its not the bulb... but I will have to check the contacts. Thanks.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the front blinker light not flash at all?QUOTE]

No, it doesn't flash at all. Even when locking or unlocking with keyless entry fob. The weird thing is that it was sporatic in the beginning... it did it for a bit then went back to normal... which led me to believe its not the bulb... but I will have to check the contacts. Thanks.

You can get bulbs that have a loose connection inside the bulb itself so replace the bulb in any case.

Latest posts

Members online