Best posi or locker for '06 KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pat Henry

Reaction score
First post! Sorry if I'm doing this all wrong. I have a '06 KJ Sport. I believe it has the Chrysler 8.25 rear end. I'd like to put in a posi or a locker. Any opinions on which would be better or pros/cons for either. Also how can I tell if the rear is the 8.25? Any thoughts on options for the front axle? Posi/Locker?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
DTT, stay away from most all lunch box lockers
I'm running the DTTs front and rear in the 03
But I love the ARB lockers, had rear ARB on the 04 until someone talked me out of the whole diff LOL

Pat Henry

Reaction score
what do you like better one rear locker or front and rear DTTs?

JeepinSteve

Reaction score
Hello Pat. Did you ever end up installing any lockers or Posi? If so, what did you end up going with? I'm looking to install one of the two in the rear 8.25, but not sure what I'm going to go with.

Pat Henry

Reaction score
Hello Pat. Did you ever end up installing any lockers or Posi? If so, what did you end up going with? I'm looking to install one of the two in the rear 8.25, but not sure what I'm going to go with.
I haven't decided yet still looking and wondering if I should regear so I could do everything at once

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of places for the chrysler 8.25, I haven't ordered mine yet as they seem plentiful and at a good price.

The dana 30a, best I found was $599 without bearing kit, so I will be rolling the dice with a junkyard 4.10 setup which is pending install.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Lots of places for the chrysler 8.25, I haven't ordered mine yet as they seem plentiful and at a good price.

The dana 30a, best I found was $599 without bearing kit, so I will be rolling the dice with a junkyard 4.10 setup which is pending install.
And then you have to be really careful since only Dana made 4.10s
some advertise that they have them but they are for the dirty 30 not the 30a
others , well a couple relabel Danas