are spacers bad for the suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

themadness

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like the stance it gives but will they damage the wheels, tires, axles, etc? any other way to get a more aggressive look?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really but now you have 40 lugnuts to worry about instead of 20,oh and they are illegal in most area's anyways.

Better solution is to get rims with less back spacing,same effect but 20 less lugnuts to worry about.

Dmut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like the stance it gives but will they damage the wheels, tires, axles, etc? any other way to get a more aggressive look?

if you going to keep rims with the same offset, then spacers will create more stress on hubs, because offset (and leverage) is virtually insreased.
if you going to use rims with smaller offset, then overall leverage will be the same, but then you will lose main point of spacers - wide wheel spacing and aggressive look of vehicle.
also, some poor quality spacers could unbalance your wheels.

basically, spacers are only good if you want to use a rims with different lug pattern.

I agree with TJ - if you really want a wider wheels spacing, then change a rims. hubs will get more stress, but you will look "aggressive" ))

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
There are also laws here about tires sticking out past the fender wells.
Ryan & Jen use spidertrax http://www.spidertrax.com/products/2002-Up-Liberty-KJ-KKand has had no ill effect on the original hubs at 150k miles.
You will get more stability and wider stance, but I agree better off to find new BS rims without spacers, and possibly longer studds may be required then.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online