Bigger tires, Wheel spacers, and lift height required

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricNorton

Reaction score
I have a 06 gasser so there's probably a significant amount of spring droop. I currently have 245 75 r16s and a two-inch spacer lift, I have trimmed the front bumper and hammered in the pinch welds to open up the wheel well I am open to trimming more. I want to widen my stance so I'm looking to get the spidertraxx 1.5" spacers and am wondering if 265/75 r16 size tires will fit if I upgrade the springs and go to around a 3 1/2 in the lift. With the lift I know I need to change out the rear control arms I will probably get the Ironrock Control arm kit I already have the upgraded Jba Upper control arms. Is there anything that I'm missing also any recommendations for a spring compressor a decent one could be something a shop uses?

Attachments

• GEFN9726.JPG
    GEFN9726.JPG
    463.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0098.JPG
    IMG_0098.JPG
    429.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fo some more reading on this site, you'll find the answers you're looking for, but they may not be the ones you want.

EricNorton

Reaction score
Fo some more reading on this site, you'll find the answers you're looking for, but they may not be the ones you want.
I have done a multitude of research and have found lots but most pertain to no lift or less than a 2.5-inch lift and none have touched the subject of wheel spacers allowing for clearance from the arms and struts. Or one's openness to trim the front bumper. What tire size are you rocking, have you done any trimming, and what about wheel spacers?

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ome 2927 and 2948 will get you about 2.5 inches of lift with nothing else added, yes we know the interwebs say 1.5, but that's a whole other story. I've got the bottom of my front bumper trimmed as it appears you have. Pounded pinch welds and remolded fender liner. Currently on moab wheels with 245/75-16 and only rub slightly at full lock. Wheel spacers are not ideal. Always best to save up or keep an eye out for better wheels. There are sections in this site dedicated to lifts and others to wheels and tires. Start from the home page and get clickin and reading. This has all been covered countless times. The answers are there, but let us know if you struggle to make sense of something.

EricNorton

Reaction score
Ome 2927 and 2948 will get you about 2.5 inches of lift with nothing else added, yes we know the interwebs say 1.5, but that's a whole other story. I've got the bottom of my front bumper trimmed as it appears you have. Pounded pinch welds and remolded fender liner. Currently on moab wheels with 245/75-16 and only rub slightly at full lock. Wheel spacers are not ideal. Always best to save up or keep an eye out for better wheels. There are sections in this site dedicated to lifts and others to wheels and tires. Start from the home page and get clickin and reading. This has all been covered countless times. The answers are there, but let us know if you struggle to make sense of something.
When you said it's better to save up and get better wheels do you mean get wheels with negative offset or something around +3mm versus using wheel spacers because it's the proper way to do the stance? Also, what does a better wheel entail vs a stock one?

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
When you said it's better to save up and get better wheels do you mean get wheels with negative offset or something around +3mm versus using wheel spacers because it's the proper way to do the stance? Also, what does a better wheel entail vs a stock one?
answered you over on other question you asked

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have done a multitude of research and have found lots but most pertain to no lift or less than a 2.5-inch lift and none have touched the subject of wheel spacers allowing for clearance from the arms and struts. Or one's openness to trim the front bumper. What tire size are you rocking, have you done any trimming, and what about wheel spacers?
I ran 265 75 16s on my 04 with over 4 inches of lift ( no longer available ) 4.10 gearing which was not low enough but as low as we can go