ARB SAFARI SNORKEL Interested ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
With the OEM air-box, you have to be in up to where the grille meets the hood before water gets into the intake. By that time, usually, you're floating anyway. They say it only takes 2-feet of water, moving, to cause your vehicle to follow the current. So, if you get into 3-feet of water, and there is a current, you're going with the current.

Spoken like somebody who has not had his KJ in deep water

AtoB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i actually did the 'snorkel' look... working in the city i would be most concerned about some a-hole yanking on it while parked.

Midgear

Reaction score
I've been in some rather deep water, enough to cover the front bumper and the bottom of the doors.. this wasn't just a crossing, it was about a 100 foot section of trail that the water flooded over due to alot of rain- no water got inside of it though, and it scared the crap out of me- I kept thinking I was going to run into a hole or something and get stuck.. but it mowed through it with relative ease. I snapped alot of logs and branches on my way through it lol, got back on dry land with sticks poking out of my wheels and large chunks of wood stuck on my control arms and skid plate-

I don't think I'll be going into water deep enough to touch the doors again.. not without recovery points and water sealed electronics at least- that's my biggest fear is frying something due to water exposure.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT

snorkels are not just used for going into deeper water, look at safari rigs in Africa most do not go into deep water ( well they have to at times but they have them because there is cleaner air up higher when you are traveling on dusty roads. cleaner air more power, almost every Land Cruiser etc in Tanzania has a snorkel and ARB front bumper , Look at the riges in Australia they run snorkels , is it because of all the high water I think not.

you know I didn't post this for a huge twenty page discussion on why or why not . I posted to see if any one was interested in one, period

Continue on I'll sort through the rift raft later:eek::D:D:D:D:D

autoboy454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be in if the price was...

FREE!
otherwise I really can't and it makes me sad. NO funding and TEENY-TINY line of credit means no snorkel for me...

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT

snorkels are not just used for going into deeper water, look at safari rigs in Africa most do not go into deep water ( well they have to at times but they have them because there is cleaner air up higher when you are traveling on dusty roads. cleaner air more power, almost every Land Cruiser etc in Tanzania has a snorkel and ARB front bumper , Look at the riges in Australia they run snorkels , is it because of all the high water I think not.

you know I didn't post this for a huge twenty page discussion on why or why not . I posted to see if any one was interested in one, period

Continue on I'll sort through the rift raft later:eek::D:D:D:D:D
That myth has been busted some time ago,most TJ guy's running a snorkel have complained about having to change there air filters more often then before they had the snorkel.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
well then theres a bunch of rich overlanders from all over the world with millions of miles under there belts that are friggin idiots then. :D

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
That myth has been busted some time ago,most TJ guy's running a snorkel have complained about having to change there air filters more often then before they had the snorkel.

That's been ThunderbirdJunkie's only complaint since being snorkeled

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Who's got the video of that goofball that dunked his KJ and drowned the engine?

It was red, and he went down into a pond...not the Renegade in MExico

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dunked a good bit of mine. thank baby jesus it wasnt the right side that went under..

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Marlin got me a price today from ARB

at this time the gasser will go for $456.82

they do not have one yet in the US to test fit but suppose to soon
will update when more info is ready

Latest posts

Members online