Anyone use these guys for replacement engines?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am hoping that at least something good comes from my experience here. At least future readers can learn from this and maybe miss some of the pitfalls I have fallen in.

Berma Shave!

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that does suck but at least they finally figured out the problem. Hope it's taken care of soon.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I think when this is all finally taken care of we should declare a forum-wide holiday and throw a big party. I hope that happens soon.

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
March 19th...................

The last time I didn't think you were right because I was optimistic that it would be finished sooner than you thought. This time I don't think you are right because I am pessimistic that it won't be done that quickly! LOL It will be 2 months on the 10th.

I think when this is all finally taken care of we should declare a forum-wide holiday and throw a big party. I hope that happens soon.

I know one thing for sure, I have a date with some mountain trails when I get it back, as well as a BBQ on the beach by the dunes.

Man that does suck but at least they finally figured out the problem. Hope it's taken care of soon.
Wow that ***** hope you get it back sooner than later

Thanks!

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
March 19th...................

Well, according to the Chrysler dealer on Monday, you would have been correct, until they opened the box with the replacement head in it and found it was for the passenger side (cyl 2, 4, & 6), not the driver's side (Cyl 1, 3, & 5). I found out yesterday, they didn't even call me to let me know there would be another delay. Not sure when they found out or when they re-ordered the correct part. I was too mad to think what all I should ask, so I forgot to ask them that. My wife asked them how long the last head took to ship to them, and they said they used 2 day UPS, so that would put the part at the dealer on Thursday or Friday.

I knew the 19th would be too soon. Anyone want to wager on the actual date of completion?

If this wasn't such a comedy of errors, I would be very angry. However I think it is hilarious!

My wife's response to the whole wrong head thing: "We don't know God's plan, and maybe he stopped them from sending you the correct one, because there was something wrong with the next one on the shelf too. Or maybe if you got it fixed in time, you may have gotten the Jeep back and got into an accident. We never know why things like this happen, we just have to trust that God knows what's best and trust he will deliver the Jeep in the correct time!" God; I love this woman. She keeps me grounded!

Otherwise I would be like this! :flamingdevil::pokeowned::893Chainsaw-Smilie-

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just now received a call from the Chrysler dealer. He said the part is supposed to be here tomorrow and they are shooting to have it finished by end of day Friday!

I pray they are successful! :hail::hail::hail:

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, today is the day the Chrysler dealer told me he would have it finished. I should start a poll or a wager or something and see what you guys think.

Are they going to really be done with it?
Is it really going to work correctly?
Will there be something little to fix?
Will there be something large to fix?
Is Mikey going to finally "Like It?"

We shall see!

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a call from Chrysler. They tell me the head didn't come in yesterday or today. So, no, I won't be getting it until at least next week.

How would you handle this situation? I think I have really handled it with grace and mercy, don't you? I have not yelled at anyone, or lost my temper at all. This is new for me. A few years ago, someone would have had an A$$ whoopin' by now!

With that being said, I am tempted to just go down to the dealer and demand all of my money back and go look for another vehicle. If this is how this vehicle is going to be, I have very little confidence in its reliability now.

Last edited:

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go in and ask for a warranty, explain exactly what you posted above. If they don't do what you gotta do.

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The service writer called me this morning to let me know the head came in on today's UPS shipment. He called me at about 9am. I decided to go up and check in on it after work at about 4pm. I talked to the mechanic; He was doing the final touches on the reassembly. He said he should have it started today before he goes home, but he will finish it up in the morning. They will come pick me up when it is done. I will report back again in the AM after getting it and finding out how it drives.

Everyone, please say a prayer that all goes well and that it will finally be finished and working 100%.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think after all the issues with the service, I would push for either a warranty, discount, or some sort of future credit at the dealership. Maybe the next 5 oil changes and Diff/Trans/TC flushes for free.

Hopefully, it all goes well from here on out.
I wouldn't give up and ditch the KJ. And most of the problems are not really the fault of the vehicle as much as the normal SNAFUs that seem to crop up more often than not.

God may have a plan, but the rest of us just have to make it up as we go along.:hat:

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do have a 4 yr\million mile\no fault warranty on the engine . I insisted that this repair be covered under the manufacturers defect warranty. That means the dealer I bought the Jeep from, will have to pay more towards the Chrysler dealers labor cost than if they used the no fault warranty., but I paid for the no fault warranty. The dealer I bought it from told Me I had to pay for the warranty, Because I would be the one who would benefit from it, not them. So, I won't let them use it. It will only save them about $150.00, and the warranty cost me $300.00, so if they want to pay me back the $300.00, I will let them use it, but they would be stupid to do that. I still have to take it to the air conditioner guy and have him evacuate the system, and refill it at the dealers cost too.
I think this whole thing turned out fine for me, with exception of all the snafu's, which caused all of these delays. If anything at all goes out, or whatever with the engine, I get a new one for free. I think I could just blow the engine in 3.5 years and have them replace it for me then if I chose to. I wouldn't do that, but I could.

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shipping factors can't be foreseen and are not the shops fault.Bad weather has delayed shipping over the last few months.***** but nothing you can do about it.

Yeah I am highly aware of the shipping woes of the past few months. I ship 50lb computers and CATV headend creates that weigh anywhere from 300 to 500 lbs all over the US every day.

The issues I have experienced were not shipping issues, except back towards the beginning of this fiasco. It was mix ups on orders, parts not shipping out when they said the part would be shipped(supplier), and scheduling cars ahead of mine that took forever(Dealer).

It was also the lack of communication by the dealer that created a lot of the issues too.

I am a Customer Service Operations Manager, and if any of my guys would treat my customers that way, they would be retrained, and if that didn't work, they would be fired.

I am an easy guy to deal with, as long as you communicate with me, and I think that was the problem. They didn't communicate with me. I train my guys to be proactive, not reactive. If there is an issue, make the call. Let the customer know what is happening, even if it is bad news, at least the customer is informed, with details. That way he/she is not sitting there expecting one thing, and receiving another. :Rant: