Anyone use these guys for replacement engines?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
What exactly does the "No Fault" include, how much does it cost, and how much would the replacement be if you didn't have it and it turned out you needed it?

With a lot of warranties you end up paying for something you either already have or don't need. (I love the extended warranties you see on a lot of electronics - three years "warranty" when the thing comes with a two year warranty to begin with.) I'd be concerned that a "No Fault" warranty on an engine might merely mean that they don't make you provide proof that you changed the oil regularly should it fail. If that's all it does and you are good about keeping receipts then you don't need it. I wouldn't advise against it without knowing more, though. :)

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you click on the Warranty link at the bottom of the description, the terms are all there in PDF form. Take a look and see what you think. That is all I really have to go on. It does not extend the warranty, it does provide that you don't have to prove the reason the failure happened. On the phone, the rep told me that if the installer dropped a nut in the engine and it fails later because of the nut, they would cover it. It also provides more labor cost to the repair shop, and has rental reimbursement and towing and etc...

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
If I'm reading it right, the engine comes with a 4-year warranty. I'm assuming that adding the "No Fault" coverage applies to all four years.

If that's true, an extra $75 per year for the towing and rental reimbursement coverage doesn't sound bad. I'd be curious to see what someone like AAA might offer that is similar and for what price.

If it were me, I'd look at the fact that I'm getting a $2,700 engine comped by the dealer and would probably be able to justify the extra $299. If you have smooth sailing for the next four years I doubt you'd care about the extra money at that point. If you need it and it does what it advertises it's probably worth it, especially if the rebuilt engine turns out to have problems. I'd get a few other opinions, though. :)

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny you mentioned AAA. I just got something in the mail from them. They want $68.00 per year for towing and all of their other benefits. I think I am still going to sign up for AAA, because I imagine the towing is only covered if the engine fails again. Same with rental reimbursement. But even then, I thought it would be worth it, to not have to prove anything to get the warranty coverage. Sometimes things can be construed negatively even in the most positive of circumstances.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, my experiences with warranties has often been one of "prove to us why we should give you what you thought you paid for..."

"Oh, sorry, sir - that's not covered..." :disgust:

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny you mentioned AAA. I just got something in the mail from them. They want $68.00 per year for towing and all of their other benefits. I think I am still going to sign up for AAA, because I imagine the towing is only covered if the engine fails again. Same with rental reimbursement. But even then, I thought it would be worth it, to not have to prove anything to get the warranty coverage. Sometimes things can be construed negatively even in the most positive of circumstances.

I got AAA back when my ankle got crushed. At that time I had an older pick-up. I got the plus(?) RV because I tow to. I've kept it, used it a few times. Back when I had an old mini van as my DD. Now that I'm back to ankle /health problems and my KK's getting older I'll be keeping it. It costs about the same per year as a tow.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
The question then becomes, does a true Jeeper put the AAA sticker on their window? I wouldn't mind having AAA, but the sticker might send mixed signals with the "Trail Rated" badge on there too. :icon_lol:

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I would put it on there, cuz when they look at who's driving they will understand that an old fat guy like me would need it. I may even put the ambulance insurance sticker on there too though! ;) Right next to my NRA member sticker, my BASS sticker, and my RMEF sticker. LOL

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The question then becomes, does a true Jeeper put the AAA sticker on their window? I wouldn't mind having AAA, but the sticker might send mixed signals with the "Trail Rated" badge on there too. :icon_lol:

You don't need to put a sticker on! So long as you have your membership card.

I had a free trial of AAA. I actually never used it. But then my insurance company started including roadside assistance with my coverage and I used it twice - once for a flat tire and ONE SINGLE DAMN STUCK LUG NUT (the awful thing about using the stock lug wrench - it doesn't torque right) and once for locking the keys inside of the Jeep down by school where I don't have my spare. OOPS!

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if you opt for the no-fault warranty, you're getting a new (rebuilt) engine, 4 years coverage on the engine no matter what the cause of failure, $95/hr. labor rates, $100 towing, and up to $350 in car rental, for a total of $300? That's a no-brainer, I'd jump on that one in a second.

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No stickers needed, I don't think they even sent me one with my renewal.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if you opt for the no-fault warranty, you're getting a new (rebuilt) engine, 4 years coverage on the engine no matter what the cause of failure, $95/hr. labor rates, $100 towing, and up to $350 in car rental, for a total of $300? That's a no-brainer, I'd jump on that one in a second.

That's what I was thinking. No real decision to be made from where I'm standing...

Bob

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think you're all right! I think I'll get it then. They'll be ordering the engine Monday.

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The engine should be here today or tomorrow. Yes, I did get the extra warranty. I am so anxious. I can hardly wait to hear it run again.

Honduras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the 4.7l HO for my V8 swap from them. Very easy to work with and the engine arrived in tip-top shape.

Latest posts

Members online