Anyone use these guys for replacement engines?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:big_banana_Dance: :big_banana_Dance: :big_banana_Dance: :big_banana_Dance: :big_banana_Dance: :big_banana_Dance: :big_banana_Dance: :big_banana_Dance: :big_banana_Dance: :big_banana_Dance: :big_banana_Dance: :big_banana_Dance: :big_banana_Dance: :big_banana_Dance: :big_banana_Dance: :big_banana_Dance: :big_banana_Dance: :big_banana_Dance: :big_banana_Dance: :big_banana_Dance: :big_banana_Dance:

I just have to say: The Jeep has never ran so smoothly as it does right now. I thought it ran smoothly when I first got it, compared to now, it was a cattle truck. I left the dealer and went to gas it up and when I tried to start it back up, guess what??? The battery was dead. Luckily I was at the Wal Mart where my wife works, I just went and got her Explorer and jumped the battery and drove home. The New Battery I had just bought is dead completely. Glad I hadn't returned the core. I am going to go get my money back. I put in the old battery and it started right up. I tested the alternator and all is good. :emoticondancer: :emoticondancer: :emoticondancer: :emoticondancer: :emoticondancer: :emoticondancer: :emoticondancer: :emoticondancer: :emoticondancer:

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
^ That post needs a seizure alert! :happy175:

Glad you got it home. :cheers:

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I guess it does. LOL I didn't think of that. I was just happy I got my Libby back. I sure missed her! Now I get to install the CREE lights tonight and see how they perform. Then I got some other things I want to do too.

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I bet they did!

Luckily I can tell it isn't misfiring though. I could set a glass of champagne on the engine and rev through 2500 RPMs and it wouldn't fizz.

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't drink it any less!

That used to be me too, until I had a heart attack! LOL Such is life!

I put in the old battery, which wasn't sure was the problem when I changed it, so I kept it instead of returning it for the core. Then I took the "New Battery" back for a refund. I also took the snow chains I bought back, and got a refund for them too. So, now I have $180.00 that I can spend on the Jeep! :D

I installed the new CREE LED backup lights, and 9 new instrument cluster bulbs. Boy, that dash is handsome with all bulbs working. Hehe. Also, I can finally see behind me when backing up. I haven't been able to see behind me for years. My Toyota's backup lights I had before sucked. I had bought my wife's explorer a new set of Sylvania high power bulbs last week. They are those Silver edition bulbs. I was pretty impressed with them, and really I still am. But these CREEs are way brighter.

After doing that stuff, I took the Jeep for a drive. I drove approximately 100 miles just here in town. LOL I am truly impressed by how smooth it is running. It has good acceleration, and cruises really good. Seeing as though, I hadn't really had a chance to drive it before it blew up, I really was just trying to get familiar with how it handles, accelerates, brakes, and turns. I have to say, I really do like the way it does all three. It is truly FUN to drive.

I can't wait to get it out to the highway and see how it does above 35 MPH. but the highway is a ways off, so I didn't go yesterday. I will go today after work.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great to hear that. Even though it was a painful ordeal, you hopefully have a Jeep that will last a good long time now.

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. Thank you to all who have helped and have been supportive throughout all of this.

I may as well keep this thread open as a sort of journal of things I have done and want to do to my Jeep. Does that sound good, or should I start a new thread and close this one?

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
If it were me, I would probably start a new thread in the Member's Journal area and reference this thread in the first post. You're really only now getting a chance to make it "your" Jeep. It's not really a right-or-wrong thing, though, just personal preference. :)

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will start another thread once I get any new upgrades, I get from here on out. In the meantime, while I continue to break in the engine, I will still post here for any issues or recommendations.

After work, my daughter(she's 11) and I went out for some quality daddy/daughter time, and went for a nice drive out to the woods. I finally got it over 60 mph on the way to the logging roads. Wow! I know, I keep saying Wow! but I can't help it. I barely had to touch the gas, and I was there. I only had to feather the pedal to keep it there too. It never ran like this before.

Then we got to the logging roads and I put into 4 full time. It was raining and muddy, but she did great! We found a few old cat trails to try out the 4 Part Time and 4 Low on. I had recently taken the same drive in my wife's explorer, so I knew exactly how the road conditions would be. There was a few differences, but only small ones. I took the Jeep up the most challenging one we went up before, and even though the Explorer did good. The Jeep did better. It was a good test. I got it on three wheels a few times. :D

We had a little picnic while sitting in the truck overlooking a clear cut. The sun was going down, so it was beautiful. You could see the different shades of the distant ridges. I got a few pictures on my cell phone, maybe later on I will post them up. You'll be able to see all the mud on the Jeep too! LOL

We went up one particular grade that was very long and steep. When we got to the top I stopped to admire the view. I rolled down the window, and smelled the distinct smell of hot oil. At this point, my butt puckered. I thought we had kicked a rock through the oil pan or something. I immediately got out and popped the hood. I looked everywhere but couldn't find anything. The fan came on for the first time since I got it. At least that I knew about it. I could only faintly smell the oil and then it was gone.

I think that maybe a little oil had gotten onto the manifold from before, and finally got hot enough to burn it off. The temp gauge never went up past where it sits normally. The fan went back off and I felt of the radiator hoses. All felt normal. The hose was hard and full of water, not too hot either. So I got into the Jeep and continued on. I never smelled the oil again. We got done playing in the mud and headed home about 20 minutes later. It ran just fine, and all is good.

It's raining, so I will wait until tomorrow to run it up on the ramps, to check more closely, to make sure all is OK, but I think its safe to say that all is good.

So far I have put about 170 miles on the engine since I got it back. Add that to the 180 or so, that I put on it before the head problem was diagnosed, and you get 350 miles on the engine now total.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great first trip. I hope we get to see the pictures. :)

Members online

No members online now.