2002 LCA Cam Bolt size/thread pitch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ebelements

Reaction score
Tried searching and came up with nothing. A few of mine are pretty beat up from "persuading" them to loosen and I'd rather recondition the threads than spend $50 apiece for new ones. I picked up a metric tap/die set so I'm ready to rock, just need to be sure of the size is all.

Thanks in advance!

Erik

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any tap/die set worth a damn will have a tread pitch/bolt size gauge included.They don't list the actual size in the parts book or FSM but it should be in the M14 range which most tap/die sets never go that big,well the cheapy kits.

ebelements

Reaction score
Well I suppose my tap/die set isn't worth a damn then, ha. I'm sure it'll get replaced with a nice, expensive setup one day, but generally if the damaged bolt in question is of a reasonable price I just replace it rather than repair.

It does however have all of the larger sizes, and visually I want to say it seemed to line up with an M16, but I'm not betting 50+ bucks on it. I did just order the "thread checker" metric set so hopefully this won't be an issue in the future.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.