Yay I broke my transmission.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeepin05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck to ya, $1500 really isn't too bad with the year warranty.

I always wondered what it would cost...

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also agree the Liberty is a lot nicer looking. I still like Cherokee's.

This one would match my color scheme.
You must be registered for see images attach

I was looking at having the wife take over the Jeep and trade her Escape in for a TJ, LJ, or 97+ XJ. Never have done that though.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I never understood why people put TJ flares on an XJ.

IMJB2HO, the KJ actually looks MORE like a "Jeep" should than the XJ.

To me, XJs look like lifted station wagons.

Still a Jeep though, regardless.

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the XJs came from this one before the KJ

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Yours was a nice looking example, but KJ>XJ all the way.

That being said

ThunderbirdJunkie would kill for the wheels that were on your XJ

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
XJ's kinda bring the suck. Way too small, especially the rear door area. Rear seat not comfortable at all, especially your feetsies. Not only is the KJ larger in every exterior diminsion, they make better use of the interior for people duty.

Floor pan/subframe is subpar, with rust & twisting an issue. The KJ is said to be over 150% of the XJ's torsional rigidity. Hear people biotching about the doors not closing on a KJ?

They do look like a taller wagon, particularly a Volvo 240 ( shudder )
. I often park beside an XJ with a 3" lift and 31's at work. The KJ dwarves it.

One poster over there was whinning about his KJ & how superior his XJ was, until the rear subframe was pulled off his XJ. He can't even attach a bumper.

The 3.7 may or may not prove as long-lasting as the last gen 4.0's, but they are easier to live with day-to-day with their broader RPM range & greater HP. They also develop more torque, it just requires proper gearing and/or knowing how to use it.

I do have a soft place for 2dr XJ's, though. Impractical, but better looking.

If you want CHEROKEES, check the sig line :p

Jeepin05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good arguments on the KJ vs XJ but I'm not sure I agree with the Interior comments.

There is a serious lack of storage space up in the front, probably what I don't like the most about the KJ. I find myself thinking how they could have designed it with a flat top dash or with more cubby holes...

Hey I really like my KJ, but it only takes a pair of glasses and 2 drinks to fill up the front storage space! I end up cramming everything down between the transfer case and ebrake levers...

L

lil black liberty

I owe the bank 16,000.

Man... Who screwed you? Eh... mine was 16K when it was only one year old.. not four my god... Maybe I should do business with you midnight :D Just kidding.. but I think the dealer/bank screwed you into Sticker Price..

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Five Star Ford-Lincoln-Mercury-Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge-Chevrolet-Buick-Toyota helped the most. I bought it used for $20,000 and wasn't paying attention when I signed for a 6 year loan. Every other loan I had was for Four years.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, six-year loan. That essplains it. Got your payments waaay down, but you'll pay for the vehicle twice. Sorry to hear that, man. If you can afford it, you might consider a refi- or rolling that loan into another lower interest loan with a combined payment.

I remember back when my wife wanted to tweak our finances (and I told her that yes, they were tight, but they were as good as they were gonna get without one of us getting a raise, winning the lottery, or selling everything we own and live off the land) she had an adviser come in and talk to us. After she had given him all the particulars on the phone, he met with us one afternoon after compiling his plan. He spent 25 minutes explaining our current debt (which wasn't really that bad) and how he would roll our mortage and other debts into an ARM loan (I nearly busted my gut laughing at that one-- ARM loan... riiiiiiiiight) and he would roll the Jeep loan into that. I quietly listened for 25 minutes, and when he was done, I informed him my Jeep loan was at 0%, so why in god's name would I want to add an interest rate to that?

He said "Your Jeep was financed at 0%?!!... well, I guess we're done here".