Would you do it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well I went and talked to the guy this morning. He gave me many compliments about the condition of my vehicle, but then told me that he thought he would have trouble selling it if he traded. So, that in itself brought the price up to 2500. I realize that it is tougher to sell a 2wd and a manual, but I can't give up that much money right now so I am going to keep looking.

What was the price on it????:)

keep07kj

Reaction score
Well what do you think I should look for year/mileage wise to get close to straight trade or within 1000?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well what do you think I should look for year/mileage wise to get close to straight trade or within 1000?

Depends. If you get a straight trade on say, on 07 Sport, with 30k miles, but you could get an 06 LTD. with leather, and 30k miles for another grand, what would you do???

keep07kj

Reaction score
Depends. If you get a straight trade on say, on 07 Sport, with 30k miles, but you could get an 06 LTD. with leather, and 30k miles for another grand, what would you do???
Well, I just talked to a guy that said I could gain 1600 from trading for his 2003 sport 4wd. sunroof, cruise, and the basics. what do you think about that? 52000 miles

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Here's on 07 Latitude....not sure how you feel about having it transferred...

Click

(I used zip code 67201):)

keep07kj

Reaction score
Here's on 07 Latitude....not sure how you feel about having it transferred...

Click

(I used zip code 67201):)

That one is super nice. I don't know anything about transfering a vehicle, but that was a good price. my zip is 62863

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That one is super nice. I don't know anything about transfering a vehicle, but that was a good price. my zip is 62863

Cool.....:)

I think they'd transfer it to the nearest store...it'd take a good 2 weeks though....

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a few more-

Here's a few more I lined up...one has 6k on it.:D

Click

Those all look good. wjkj you are wearing your google finger down to the "nub"

Dave

keep07kj

Reaction score
All those looked great and I appreciate so much the time you put into that! We are thinking of keeping my liberty now because my brother needs a reliable vehicle to get to work and that's not something he has right now. Plus my lib, being 2wd and manual gets really decent gas mileage, so that's good also.

I have been looking online at different liberties and I found one that they only wanted 4000 for. I figured it had been in a wreck and all that, but I inquired about it anyway. The owner is a woman and she seemed very nice. She said she has some loans that she needs to pay off so she needs to get rid of her liberty. It's a 2006 limited with only 32000 miles. This thing is loaded too. Someone wasn't kiddin around when they ordered this thing, it has every option I could ever want in a car.

I am just so weary about these kind of deals. She gave me the vin and told me to check the carfax, the same time as telling me that the car has been garage kept and well maintained and never been in any wrecks or anything.

I don't have a subscription to carfax and don't really have the money to do so, but I think in this type of a situation it would be assential to check the carfax

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
All those looked great and I appreciate so much the time you put into that! We are thinking of keeping my liberty now because my brother needs a reliable vehicle to get to work and that's not something he has right now. Plus my lib, being 2wd and manual gets really decent gas mileage, so that's good also.

I have been looking online at different liberties and I found one that they only wanted 4000 for. I figured it had been in a wreck and all that, but I inquired about it anyway. The owner is a woman and she seemed very nice. She said she has some loans that she needs to pay off so she needs to get rid of her liberty. It's a 2006 limited with only 32000 miles. This thing is loaded too. Someone wasn't kiddin around when they ordered this thing, it has every option I could ever want in a car.

I am just so weary about these kind of deals. She gave me the vin and told me to check the carfax, the same time as telling me that the car has been garage kept and well maintained and never been in any wrecks or anything.

I don't have a subscription to carfax and don't really have the money to do so, but I think in this type of a situation it would be assential to check the carfax

I like to help other people spend money....:D

The one for 4 grand seems odd.:-s

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sounds too good to be true.....but you never know. You would need to take it to a mechanic and get it on a lift and really go over it with a fine tooth comb. Give it a real test drive and get it on some dirt and use 4wd and make sure it is ok. And carfax only reports what is reported to them.

Dave