Would you do it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keep07kj

Reaction score
I own a 2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 2wd 6spd manual with 14000 miles. I am wanting to upgrade to 4wd, as I have never owned a 2wd jeep, and will really need 4wd when the snow hits. I have been looking around for a while and I found a deal that I think is pretty good. Its a 2006 sport 4wd with 29000 miles. The upgrade will cost me $2000. Would you do it?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well if you really want the 4wd then it would certainly be cheaper/faster/less hastle than trying to convert a 2wd to 4wd. Just check it out carefully like you would any purchase and make sure EVERYTHING works and go for it.

Just my opinion.

Dave

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait a minute, your going back a model year and doubling the mileage and still have to kick in $2k??

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you look at 2008 models? They are really cheap nowadays.

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nah, find one that is even trade. you have a newer with less miles, that should make up the difference between factory 2wd and 4wd.

belvedere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nah, find one that is even trade. you have a newer with less miles, that should make up the difference between factory 2wd and 4wd.

If YOU owned the 4x4, would YOU trade even-up for his 2wd?

I wouldn't...

keep07kj

Reaction score
The book value from kbb.com says that the 06 4wd books for 14990 and my 07 2wd books for 14750. While I realize I won't get them to give me book value for my trade-in, Do you think I deserve to pay less than 2000 dollars to upgrade?

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Here's the thing, car dealers need to make money, they are not there to trade for the sake of trading. They would have to unload your 2wd and make money on that end too. I think 2G's is a fair deal to go to 4WD.

keep07kj

Reaction score
When I first decided to look for a 4wd I went to car dealers and they told me they couldn't find anything relatively close to my price range. So when I called family owned dealership right outside of my town and he told me about this one, I was very surprised. Considering all the looking I've done, I'm thinking of jumping on this one. I love The color (dark khaki), and the deal is so appealing. I'm going tomorrow morning for him to evaluate my jeep and get the final,exact, numbers. I'm certain I will get his best deal, and if I don't feel comfortable I will just head to the house.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
When I first decided to look for a 4wd I went to car dealers and they told me they couldn't find anything relatively close to my price range. So when I called family owned dealership right outside of my town and he told me about this one, I was very surprised. Considering all the looking I've done, I'm thinking of jumping on this one. I love The color (dark khaki), and the deal is so appealing. I'm going tomorrow morning for him to evaluate my jeep and get the final,exact, numbers. I'm certain I will get his best deal, and if I don't feel comfortable I will just head to the house.

Love Dark Khaki. Keep us posted.:D

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
The question is, how much is the ticket price on that 06 Sport you are trying to pick up? Also is the 4x4 Full Time or Part Time? Honestly Part Time is next to useless other than in torrential downpours or in deep snow...

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The question is, how much is the ticket price on that 06 Sport you are trying to pick up? Also is the 4x4 Full Time or Part Time? Honestly Part Time is next to useless other than in torrential downpours or in deep snow...

So is 2wd.....sorry....:D

keep07kj

Reaction score

The website says 13995. Not sure about the 4wd system, thats one thing I was going to check tomorrow morning when I drive it.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score

Beg to differ,have had several 4x4 over the years,none full time,nary a problem.