Will this fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rock Crawler Series 97 in 15x7 w/ 3.75" BS with a Pro Comp 31x10.5-15 tire. That ProComp specs @ 30.2" so I think that will work, but how about that backspacing?

Tyler and Leon @ 4 Wheel Parts say it'll work. Leon says they've put same wheels on many Libertys and it's not a problem.

I want to make sure since I'm paying ~$400 to ship this stuff from CA to Guam.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KJ02Ltd said:
Rock Crawler Series 97 in 15x7 w/ 3.75" BS with a Pro Comp 31x10.5-15 tire. That ProComp specs @ 30.2" so I think that will work, but how about that backspacing?

Tyler and Leon @ 4 Wheel Parts say it'll work. Leon says they've put same wheels on many Libertys and it's not a problem.

I want to make sure since I'm paying ~$400 to ship this stuff from CA to Guam.
As long as you don't want to turn you'll be fine,when I had 3.75" BS rims they rubbed like crazy with my 265's.Get the same rims but with a 4.5"-5" BS and you'll be fine then,and yes they make them.By the way the rockcrawler rims are made by a company called unique wheel,they also make the steel procomps and american racing rims(steel),if you can try Discount tire,they have a better choice of those rims cause they get them from unique wheel and they are cheaper,I they quoted me $42 a rim for 15x7 rims that look identical to the rockcrawlers.

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking, too, kjtj. I'm kinda stuck using 4wheelparts 'cause they're practically next door to the shipping company that's shipping the stuff to me here and I can have them truck it over instead of UPSing it and only cost me $40. If I start shipping stuff from all over the country, then I'm gonna pay an arm and a nut to do it. Therefore, I have to be satisfied with paying a bit more (sometimes) for the stuff to save on shipping.

So, if I go with the 15x7 w/ 4.5" BS, then what're my limits for tires... will 31x10.5 work? FWIW, the 31x10.5 would be an MTR and it specs at 30.8" on The Rack's site.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KJ02Ltd said:
That's what I'm thinking, too, kjtj. I'm kinda stuck using 4wheelparts 'cause they're practically next door to the shipping company that's shipping the stuff to me here and I can have them truck it over instead of UPSing it and only cost me $40. If I start shipping stuff from all over the country, then I'm gonna pay an arm and a nut to do it. Therefore, I have to be satisfied with paying a bit more (sometimes) for the stuff to save on shipping.

So, if I go with the 15x7 w/ 4.5" BS, then what're my limits for tires... will 31x10.5 work? FWIW, the 31x10.5 would be an MTR and it specs at 30.8" on The Rack's site.
4.5" BS will be fine with a 2 1/2" lift,you'll have to pound down the pinchweld and do some front wheel well trimming but everyone has to do a little trimming anyways cause DCX didn't give us very big wheelwells.

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tjkj2002 said:
KJ02Ltd said:

4.5" BS will be fine with a 2 1/2" lift,you'll have to pound down the pinchweld and do some front wheel well trimming but everyone has to do a little trimming anyways cause DCX didn't give us very big wheelwells.

So, 31x10.5-15 is good, right.

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The widtw is a little wider than most are running with the 245/75 but ther are people out ther running them. They are more like the 265 width tire which has been known to smack the flares at full stuff of some rigs. Some are on their 3rd set of rear flares, on longterm wheelin' rigs. You may need to compromise some on stuffibility with this width, no one can tell you possitively if it will happen.

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For now, this is gonna be the people mover for the family. I'm stopping with the 2.5" Rusty's lift and these wheels and tires. I might wheel it a little bit, but not ********.

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All that being said, should I just go with the 30x9.5-15's? They're really only 29.2" or something so I'm wondering if it'll look stupid with basically stock sized tires on it.

If that'd completely negate the rubbing issues and still provide decent offroading capability, then I might go that route.

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's up to you, for doing what you discribe you'll probably be ok. Like I said you may at a later date have to limit your flex to keep from damaging the flares as the tires will be right out there near the edge. Most run an 8 inch wheel which will get you out there more than the 7. I think the 7" is your best bet to fit. You can do a test fit at any decent shop to see what you have and change as necessary. I wouldn't buy tires the day after the lift, I'd let it settle some if it's going to first so you get a true look. It is also possible that everything is going to be fine, the Libs seem to have a mind of their own with none really the same side by side with the same lift and tires.