Please help with tire information!!??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cmmarion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I appreciate any help and your time dealing with my inquiry.

I have an 03’ Liberty 3.7 165k miles. I just put on a Rusty’s 2.5” spacer lift, longer shocks in back and JBA uca’s. Running stock 16”s.

There is roughly 22” from the middle of the front wheels to the fender and 21.5” in back.

I have the Pro Comp series 51 15x7’s with 3.75” of bs I am wanting to put on.

I am interested in the Milestar Patagonia’s 31x10.5r15’s.

My question is; will these fit?

What other mods will I need to do i.e. pinch weld and/or fender trim etc?

Any suggestions, ideas, criticisms, jokes at my expense!? ��

Your time and help is very much appreciate and desperately needed!!

Last edited:

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need over 3" of lift to run 31s
Also, should've read the Lift Section on here to see that Rusty's, or any other spacer lift for that matter, is a no no because it'll sag back down to stock height in no time due to having even more stress on stock springs
Stock springs being junk to begin with just adds to it..
I have over 3" of lift, pounded pinch welds and trimmed front bumper and it's still extremely close to rubbing when turning at full lock
If I remember correctly, my wheels have 3.75" BS which makes the rubbing potential even worse so I'd steer clear of them unless you plan on being lifted over 3" before you get them

Oh and even if you did use a spacer lift and are lifted 2.5" for now, you need longer rear shocks or your stock length ones will top out and blow

Cmmarion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So do you recommend I just stick with the stock 16’s and say 245/75?? I am stuck with my lift as is right for financial reasons. Oh and I do have the long rear shocks.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So do you recommend I just stick with the stock 16’s and say 245/75?? I am stuck with my lift as is right for financial reasons. Oh and I do have the long rear shocks.

You do know that 31-10.50X15s, 245-75-16s and 265-70X16s are all almost the same height
I
For wheels 15 X 7 or 16 X 7 inches wide, 4 inches of backspacing is best.
So you are at " roughly" 22 inches middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare in front?
And yes you will hate what that Rustys spacer lift ends up costing you in the end ( well in a very few months)
As far as the pinch weld, yes bend it over
What shocks did you use in front and rear ?

Last edited:

Cmmarion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off I just want to say how seriously honored I am to be getting insight from tommudd!!

Yes, I am at 22” in the front. As far as I know the struts were replaced but I couldn’t tell you with what brand.

I mistakenly trusted Wikipedia’s information about the KJs wheels and tires. It says the 15x7’s with 3.75 bs will work. I already purchased the wheels . It also says with a 2.5” lift the 31x10.5’s will work as well.

I have read several different threads saying it will and they won’t.

I just need to know what size tires to get? Still use the 15’s or use the stock 16’s??

If so, what size tire then?

Thanks again.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd go with like a 30" tire, like 30x10.5, since you're not going to switch out the lift, that way when it sags you won't be ripping the wheel well liners out. Just my opinion.

Cmmarion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must apologize to everyone. I don’t know why I said I put on a Rustys lift. Probably because I did sooo much reading up on them but in fact I used the Rocky Road Outfitters budget lift with the long travel shocks in back.

I hope this will make a difference!?

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any type of spacer lift is no good and will sag in no time, regardless of brand
The most basic lift you need in order to have it last is OME springs and Bilstein shocks- then you can run 30s unless you add extras in order to run 31s
But then you need to regear for optimal drive ability because any size bigger than stock will kill gas mileage and run your engine and ****** hotter than it should

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I must apologize to everyone. I don’t know why I said I put on a Rustys lift. Probably because I did sooo much reading up on them but in fact I used the Rocky Road Outfitters budget lift with the long travel shocks in back.

I hope this will make a difference!?

just as bad, sorry
I've had a RRO budget lift in my garage for the last 12 years to show people what not to install

Cmmarion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We’ll I thought I read up enough before I obviously made a horrible decision. Like most people I can’t afford to buy a proper lift for awhile.

With that being said. Isn’t 22” in the front wheel to fender reasonable for now?

Until I replace my unfortunate decision what tires should or can I put on for now? It will be awhile until then and I need something.

I’m hoping my lift will be usable for say 5k miles until I get a OME lift.

I very much respect your insight Tom and again thank you for suggestions.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
22 inches is enough,yes, but that amount of lift will be short lived, install a tire that looks good now will be rubbing before you know it