15" wheels fitment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zero402

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive read that steel wheels fit, but alloys dont because of hitting the caliper, yet Ive read that some alloys fit with shallow backspacing. Im looking at a set of Pro Comp Xtreme Alloys Series 7069 that have an offset of -46 or backspace of 3.675. Anyone know for sure if these would fit with that shallow of a backspace? How much of the caliper hits with a 15" wheel out of curiousity? Thanks

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ive read that steel wheels fit, but alloys dont because of hitting the caliper, yet Ive read that some alloys fit with shallow backspacing. Im looking at a set of Pro Comp Xtreme Alloys Series 7069 that have an offset of -46 or backspace of 3.675. Anyone know for sure if these would fit with that shallow of a backspace? How much of the caliper hits with a 15" wheel out of curiousity? Thanks

With 3.675 inches of back spacing you're going to have some fitment issues other than hitting the caliper .
if 7 inch wide , then 4 inches of backspacing, if 8 inch wide 5 inches of backspacing
Now some will say they may work, but I'd stop right there these will set out further, will rub when turning more on bumper and pinch weld areas

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
With 3.675 inches of back spacing you're going to have some fitment issues other than hitting the caliper .
if 7 inch wide , then 4 inches of backspacing, if 8 inch wide 5 inches of backspacing
Now some will say they may work, but I'd stop right there these will set out further, will rub when turning more on bumper and pinch weld areas

Wow. Not even worth the hassle of finding the right 15" wheel. Might as well try to squeeze baby booties on bigfoot. What benefit would it be after all that?

Most KJ's came with 16" wheels. The Limited model came with 17" wheels.

Dave

Zero402

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheel is 15 x 10 tire is 31 x 10.5

Isnt backspace measured from back edge of wheel to mount? So why would it matter wheel width?

You must be registered for see images

Dave, I run beach or sugar sand. Wider tires = not getting stuck. I had a Nissan Hardbody on 40's that were 18" wide on 18" wide wheels. She used to float :)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Isnt backspace measured from back edge of wheel to mount? So why would it matter wheel width?

Dave, I run beach or sugar sand. Wider tires = not getting stuck. I had a Nissan Hardbody on 40's that were 18" wide on 18" wide wheels. She used to float :)

Well if you never try and turn you'll be fine.
That backspacing and 10 inch wide wheels :happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The person trying to install a 31x10.50 on a 10" wide wheel will hate you forever and damage the tire.That size of tire is better suited for a 7" wide rim,maybe a 8" wide rim if you never air down to much.

I run a 12.50" wide tire on a 8" wide rim,better traction when aired down and less likely to pop a bead also as I air down to 8psi on my MT/R K's.

Unless your lifting stick to the OE 16" wheel,any 15" alloy will never work unlifted and unless your going to a very small tire a steel 15" rim will cause more issues then fix unlifted.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

You are correct in the way backspacing is measured, so not sure why you think a 10 inch wide wheel with 3.675 inches of backspacing is not going to cause any issues??
But please do carry on, would love to see you actually drive it , even try to turn. But then what the heck do we know anyways. Most of us have only been around the KJs for 12-14 years.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just air down on real sandy beach areas and a compressor lives in the back of my KJ to air back up. I am running 17 inch rims with (245/75/17) with no problems. Haven't been on a beach in a while but no issues.

Dave

Latest posts

Members online