Why I hate..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

libertydude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
understood,,

But at 9k miles then 19k miles? 2 sets of rear brakes? and I think if you search it's more than an isolated issue.. rear calipers have gotten so hot they melted the chrome overclad..

for those without rear brake moan.. do you have 4 wheel discs?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: understood,,

libertydude said:
But at 9k miles then 19k miles? 2 sets of rear brakes? and I think if you search it's more than an isolated issue.. rear calipers have gotten so hot they melted the chrome overclad..

Wow, the rear calipers locking up and the brake moan is two totally different things.

I have heard of a few calipers locking up, but they were fine after they were replaced.

The reason the moan keeps coming back, you keep getting new pads put on. Let them wear for awhile and I bet it will go away. Keep getting new ones and it will keep coming back. O:)

Cableguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

libertydude said:

Nope, and never had a problem with the drums either. Sometimes i think that people forget cars make noise occasionally. :-k

psinsyd

Reaction score
Just make sure that nice landrover doesn't have the "organic material" ****** pan gasket that basically erodes after about a month and lets the ****** fluid run all over the place.

But hey, at least you can eat ice cream while you get it fixed. :-({|=

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Cableguy said:
libertydude said:

Nope, and never had a problem with the drums either. Sometimes i think that people forget cars make noise occasionally. :-k

And are made by people with good and bad days, and thousands of parts. That can fail all on their own.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity. Why are you avoiding the Touareg? You said something about sales being down? What does that have to do with it? If anything, I think you might be able to get a deal outta that. Me personally, that (or a Lexus) are probably the only import SUVs I would buy anymore.

libertydude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
desert..

I'm a moderator on a popular vw forum. and.. the treg real world issues scare me. tires bad at a really early age.. if you want one priced lower its not really loaded, and loaded is 50k. I'd like to stay under 40k for it.

LR presently has 10k off sticker..

I really liked my TJ and wanted a 4 door one.. but.. I'd miss my heated seats.. I like cars not too many ppl have ya know? and that hold some value after a few years.. my TJ when I sold it brought in about 4,000 less than what I paid for it (new) I had a jetta..(summer car) bought it, put 15k miles on it, got what I paid for it (to the penny) cannot do that with too many cars today.. look at what ford is doing (and yeah I know LR is ford) ford is offering.. 279 a month for 24 months on an eddie bauer ford explorer (exploder) will it be worth 13k in 24 months most likely.. I also try not to buy cars that got eaten up by the rental pools of the USA.. hertz and such but in bulk grand cherokees / ford explorers . and when they have a mass of something, it makes everyone else's car less. my 2 cents, bring on the flames..

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: desert..

libertydude said:
I'm a moderator on a popular vw forum. and.. the treg real world issues scare me. tires bad at a really early age.. if you want one priced lower its not really loaded, and loaded is 50k. I'd like to stay under 40k for it.

LR presently has 10k off sticker..

I really liked my TJ and wanted a 4 door one.. but.. I'd miss my heated seats.. I like cars not too many ppl have ya know? and that hold some value after a few years.. my TJ when I sold it brought in about 4,000 less than what I paid for it (new) I had a jetta..(summer car) bought it, put 15k miles on it, got what I paid for it (to the penny) cannot do that with too many cars today.. look at what ford is doing (and yeah I know LR is ford) ford is offering.. 279 a month for 24 months on an eddie bauer ford explorer (exploder) will it be worth 13k in 24 months most likely.. I also try not to buy cars that got eaten up by the rental pools of the USA.. hertz and such but in bulk grand cherokees / ford explorers . and when they have a mass of something, it makes everyone else's car less. my 2 cents, bring on the flames..

The tires would be easy to replace, but I can understand about the $50K. The 10 cylinder TDI is awesome though. I hope you find the vehicle that you are looking for. Just remember, as long as a person made it, it wont be absolutely perfect. But based on your posts, I would agree that the Liberty probably isnt really what you are looking for.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Don't be Hatin'

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kept reading the title, and had to post that.
I love my KJ.. Hating it is whack. And I already posted my comments on this topic somewhere up there..

Staff online

Members online