Who makes the best heavy duty diff cover?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Mitch the PML pan I painted with Tremclad 1200 degree flat black paint. Installed with Lubelocker 42RLE gasket it is all holding up fine with a bit of sweat (not normal) on drain plug according to PML. You can see where the brass or copper washer is a bit oversized and I had to loosen the drain plug and move the washer up to centre it better, to get the weap to stop. The pan does cool down better and the advantage is that if you just want to refresh the 5 quarts in the pan, it is easy with drain plug. Works with ****** skid no problem, about 1.5 inch clearance.
41824[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Tom is correct re the Riddler cover fit no problem with gas tank skid. Also 8.25 LL Gasket
The Riddler Cover is a beast. Had to touch up paint around diff after install as new cover had a smaller footprint over stock stamped cover. New grade 8 bolts are needed for LL gasket (28 ft-lb lbs) torque.
My link to thread:
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49356&highlight=riddler&page=2
41826[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• PMLDrainPlugWeap2.jpg
    PMLDrainPlugWeap2.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Undercoated.jpg
    Undercoated.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shipping is $17, so factor that in.

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's what I've found about the difference in a few of the covers.

ARB & Solid both made from nodular iron.
Ruff Stuff & Blue Torch Fab - Steel
Crane - Chrome Moly Steel

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just saying, it's hard to go wrong with any of them.

Although it's strange that both the $215 ARB and the $64 Solid are both made of nodular iron. :shrug:

I personally like the ARB one for looks and although its a great diff cover I think you are paying for the name.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep sure did, and I have a question. Which is better Nodular Iron or Steel or Chrome Moly steel ? And why?
Just the plate steel plate ones are by far the weakest and the chrome moly steel is by far the strongest.

The nodular iron is pretty damn strong and Riddler has a lifetime warranty,but so does Crane which used to make(they still do some covers) in nodular iron.

The ARB one your paying for the name,the solid cover is pretty thin compared to the Riddler cover.Plus the Riddler design(along with Crane) is specifically designed to not get hung up on stuff but that feature is most notable front apps which a IFS KJ does not have to worry about.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like tjkj is voting for the Riddler out of all those.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Out of all I've had which includes 3 different brands on the KJ, like my Crane the best