Who makes the best heavy duty diff cover?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Are the Riddler ones made anymore? That's the only other one that comes to mind.

huntbuggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have had two Ruffstuffs, another kind can't remember what it was but similar and now a Crane. Cranes the only one I have actually kept on.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Poison Spyder but they don't make them any more. I thought the Riddler was one of the better ones. You might check into those.

Dave

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC

Interesting!
Thanks.

I have had two Ruffstuffs, another kind can't remember what it was but similar and now a Crane. Cranes the only one I have actually kept on.

Why is the Crane the only one you have kept on Tom?

I have a Poison Spyder but they don't make them any more. I thought the Riddler was one of the better ones. You might check into those.

Dave

Ya, I recall seeing that one when I first became a member of this forum.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Liked how it fit better, and plus it never leaked , rest all seeped some at the welds and had to remove and run J-B weld over all welded areas, after I did that and made sure they were ok I sold them

Plus I always like to run what most of the rest don't
like running Duratracs instead of Grabbers
Moabs instead of black soft 8s:shrug::whip::icon_twisted:

Last edited:

Dan Fredrickson

Reaction score
I beg to disagree...

Tom may have bought on of the first 40 that were rushed out the door because I let a fool talk me into rushing the first batch because he had already sold a bunch of them. He was selling them before I had designed them and telling people I was slow.

The first group of covers were all sold to an idiot in Colorado, don't remember his name but he went by something lizard. He also didn't pay me. He was supposed to pay ahead of delivery. I trusted him and made a misstake by hiring a welder to come in and do those covers as piecework, we were too busy and it was the only way to get them out to him quickly.

The welder I hired rushed them and at least 10 of the 40 leaked. I replaced or refunded to anyone that called. We have always had an unlimited guarantee on all of our products. The lizard guy told people I would not replace them. I advertised that I would on the site he sold them on but not for him because I had never been paid. I told anyone that wanted the refund/exchange to call me directly. Tom could have had a full refund or replacement.

Since then we have sold over 400 of the 8.25" covers without a leak among them. We have made and sold over 10,000 covers and are known to make the best...The Chrysler 8.25 is 3/8" and has a 1/2" ring.

I assume the lizard guy is out of business by now because he had no idea of how to manage a business but if we ever meet I will have words with him...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually had two of them, one earlier and a latter model, both seeped some. Poor welding / fabrication
Plus doing a good job no matter should be first for any company, no matter what the deal is. I will admit it is a good design and heavy duty but some JB Weld on all of the welds takes care of the problem as they will seep.
If you have a problem with Rock Lizard I suggest you take it up with him personally instead of on line such as above.

Dan Fredrickson

Reaction score
And why didn't you simply ask for a refund?

BTW, your buddy would not answer my calls, evidently he had spent the money he had planned to pay with. It seems he did that with alot of peoples money...

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I installed the first one, it seeped, I removed it and JB welded it, made sure it did not leak and sold it, didn't want to deal with it.
2nd one bought used due to ah guess what leaking, so sealed it the same way and sold it before I ever got to install it.
Refund, well wasn't worth the hassle really

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ryan what ever you decide, maybe we can get a deal on two.
I can see off road this thing hangs low and the stock cover really is a piece of .....
39155[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• RiverRoad11.jpg
    RiverRoad11.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 0

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
This looks good and does a great job as well
You must be registered for see images attach

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Tom was simply telling you his experiences with the diff cover in question - and what he thought was the most appropriate course of action for him at the time. I'm not sure where you're getting that anyone is deciding what is right or wrong... outside of your issue with Rock Lizard, I suppose. You seem pretty bitter about that.

Tom is correct - if you have an issue with Rock Lizard, you'd be far better off to discuss it with him rather than here in the public forum. Thanks.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Solid Axle Ind. just posted their new cover on facebook. Sharp looking cover.