White Smoke Oil Burning.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZiadKiwan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello jeepers!

my jeep is immiting a little white smoke when i kick down the paddle (sure) and sometime when moving up the hill (not sure), its oil leak because my jeep is eating the oil like 1 kilo each 10 days, spark plugs are in good shape same for coils, there is no leak execept the seal of the engine oil carter but it doesn't leak that much, i've been told it could be the seals of the valves ? opinions please ?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
White smoke is bad news. When you pull the oil dipstick what does the oil look like? Bubbles or coolant mixing with oil, is going to cause mega goop inside the engine.
The PCV should be removed and see if it is plugged. Remove oil filler neck baffle to see if you got goop there too.
Compression test should reveal whats going on.
Remove both valve covers to have a peak in there too.
Major oil consumption is a sign of stem seals or worse going on up top.
Dont continue to drive it like this, unless you want a new engine.

libertybob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
leak

The most likely leak is the valve cover gaskets. Usually there is smoke and a burned oil smell when you open the hood if it is the valve cover gaskets. Look at the top of the exhaust manifolds to see if you can see burnt oil. My Liberty has over 300,000 kilometers and had bad oil leaks from the valve cover gaskets. If you are burning oil from valve stem seals, there will be blue smoke coming from the exhaust pipe. White smoke is coolant from blown head gaskets. Can the smoke you are seeing be blue rather than white? I see you are in Lebanon. Keep asking questions on this forum as the people here are knowledgeable and helpful. Good people.

mx3_ryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year and engine? Where is the white smoke coming from, tailpipe or under the hood?

ZiadKiwan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, its not coolant coolant level is staying the same there is no leak

ZiadKiwan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
White smoke is bad news. When you pull the oil dipstick what does the oil look like? Bubbles or coolant mixing with oil, is going to cause mega goop inside the engine.
The PCV should be removed and see if it is plugged. Remove oil filler neck baffle to see if you got goop there too.
Compression test should reveal whats going on.
Remove both valve covers to have a peak in there too.
Major oil consumption is a sign of stem seals or worse going on up top.
Dont continue to drive it like this, unless you want a new engine.
There is no bubbles or coolant mixing with the oil on the oil dipstick, pcv is plugged well and i replaced it 1 month ago, there is no goop on the filter head.

ZiadKiwan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The most likely leak is the valve cover gaskets. Usually there is smoke and a burned oil smell when you open the hood if it is the valve cover gaskets. Look at the top of the exhaust manifolds to see if you can see burnt oil. My Liberty has over 300,000 kilometers and had bad oil leaks from the valve cover gaskets. If you are burning oil from valve stem seals, there will be blue smoke coming from the exhaust pipe. White smoke is coolant from blown head gaskets. Can the smoke you are seeing be blue rather than white? I see you are in Lebanon. Keep asking questions on this forum as the people here are knowledgeable and helpful. Good people.
I changed the valve gasket seals 1 year ago or less, i will re-check them, exhaust manifold shows signs of burned oil, no the smoke is white, and not massive.

ZiadKiwan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here pictures of the oil leak from the engine carter and the exhaust

Slitherbeast

Reaction score
Cylinder Head Sealing Surface compromised..... Wrong or old coolant.... galvanic action..... Need to weld buildup surface and re-machine or get new heads..... I am in the same boat........ :(